Still having problems with crop - v8.2.1.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Still having problems with crop - v8.2.1.0

So, I have always had problems (since v6) with cropping using pan & scan to go from 2.35:1 (1024x576 with borders) to crop to 1.78:1 (640x360 no borders). I have therefore bought and upgraded to version 8.2.1.0 in the hope that this problem has been fixed but it has not. It doesn't matter what settings I use, the problem still exists.

The usual problem is that I set the crop using Customised-Pan & Scan in the video effect screen after setting "640x360" in the "Resize" screen. If I then go back to any of those screens, the crop and pan&scan settings will have been changed.

If I set it to run, I get a 640x360 file produced but with black borders without any cropping. If I allow DVDfab to choose an output resolution I might get lucky and have the crop I desire but with odd resolutions such as 718x428 (I have set 640x360!).

It doesn't matter what profile I use (generic, avi etc). The crop settings I choose are accepted and the preview picture looks fine - it just doesn't end up like that.

I have so far managed this problem by just cropping the black borders without pan & scan but this gives me commonly a 640x266 file which I then have to zoom (pan&scan) on my media player and that gives a poor quality image due to only 266 lines, whilst discarding the edges of the image that have been encoded.

Please can I have a functioning version which maintains my crop settings to the final file. If not, I'll be asking for a refund.

Thanks

I just tried this and it works fine for me, maybe it is your settings. To make the cropping work correctly, you must select Customized Size on the Resize tab, then type in the output frame size that you want and click the Add button. Then on the Crop tab, select Keep aspect ratio and use the black bars slider to crop the image. The second attachment is a screen capture from VLC media player of the result.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi thanks for that but I have done all those things before. This time I have attached some screenshots that show the settings are correct but the output is 640x360 with borders exactly the same as the original

Thanks for any help you can give to sort this out for the many people affected

Click image for larger version

Name:	dvdfab1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	308350

Name:	dvdfab2.jpg
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	308351

Name:	dvdfab3.jpg
Size:	58.7 KB
ID:	308352

Name:	dvdfab4.jpg
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	308353

Comment

I think this may be a player issue. Try DVDFab Media Player (free for playing files) or VLC. In VLC, select Always Fit Screen under the Video menu heading. There should be no black bars. If there are, install MediaInfo (free) if you don't have it and post the analysis results for your file.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X