Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dexter DVD Issues.. (I see others have problem too)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok I finally scanned it with NERO and it says 100% bad disc but thats not possible its been used twice not counting trying to rip it.. it plays flawlessly on my laptop, desktop, xbox, and dvd player so it cant be 100% bad disc.. and if you look at the back really close you cant even see a slight glimpse of a possible imperfection..

Comment

Niner.

Sorry if I am confused here but the OP is definitely not providing complete concise info.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Yeah I know its not giving me much information.. the logs arent very in depth either.. could it just be the coding of the disc or something? It's only the Dexter series I have these issues with.. every other DVD goes through perfect I have never encountered as much as an error.. I am running DVD9, I have plenty of HDD space..

Comment

I also aske him to be a little more specific.

Scott, what CD/DVD Speed is telling you is simply the disk will not backup. Players are much more tolerant of errors, it will just skip over them and you might notice a micro freeze and pay no attention to it. A transcoder will just choke on on the same error. I think you need to trade this one in if you can, or forget it and move on bud.
          Last edited by 90312; 12-16-2009, 02:44 AM.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

well I have tried it with all the discs in the dexter series 1,2, and 3.. I think you're right.. just move on..

Comment

after the error when I go into the files I see some of the video files, they wont play and there are no audio files copied to the hard disc.. I wish I could give more info but its just not giving me any info..

Comment

You're losing me again Scott? Are you saying you have successfully ripped this disk before?

Albert Einstein

Comment

no ive never successfully ripped any of the dexter series dvds.. season 1 2 or 3 but every other dvd i have ever ripped has been ripped flawlessly not even an error code or glitch.. So it's just odd these ones dont work.. the discs play great..

Comment

Try cleaning the disk, it doesn't matter if you can't see anything, the laser can see things you can't or be reflected by some film on the disk. Try some Windex and a microfiber cloth in tiny little circles, don't go in big circles around the disk. Then try again.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Dexter Season 3 won't rip to iPod

Hi there,

This is my first post, so please excuse me if I'm not providing enough information. I read through the previous posts, and am also encountering problems when ripping Dexter, but to iPod. I had no problems with the first 2 seasons, and season 3 is hit and miss. I was able to get 2/3 epsiodes off the first disc, 4/4 on the second and 0/4 on the third. I've tried ripping from the DVD as well as ripping the files to my hard drive and going that route.

The encoding starts at about 0.16 fbs and slowly works its way down to 0.00 fbs. I never get an error message because it just keeps running even though nothing is happening. I've even tried copying DVD to DVD and then using the newly created DVD to rip to Mobile.

Any thoughts? Do I just need to give up?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I'd give up....
                        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
                        X