Edit Metadata for iTunes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Edit Metadata for iTunes

Does anyone know a program for Windows that will edit metadata for iTunes i.e. cast, writer, producers, etc.? I've tried MetaX but was wondering if there was any other way that will write the data directly onto the .m4v file so I can view it when I click on the movie on iTunes. Thanks!

Try google for "edit MP4 metadata for iTunes", there are many solutions, choose the one that meets your needs. Most, but not all of them are for Mac OS.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I use MediaMonkey to edit metadata

Comment

For MediaMonkey, I can't get things like Actors, Producers, Screenwriters to transfer over to iTunes. I've read its something to do with the language being converted to XXX instead of English. Don't know what that means but I haven't been able to find anything for video, just music. MediaMonkey seemed great except I only see the changes on that platform. Any way to fix to see in iTunes or any other ways to do videos, not music?

Thanks!

Comment

I rarely use iTunes but I will check and see if my results are the same as yours.

Comment

MetaX

I have tried and used about 10 different metadata tag editors over the past several years (including those mentioned above). I have now settled on MetaX for Windows - for video - does not edit MP3s.
            it is available at http://www.danhinsley.com
            There is a MetaX for Mac also, but not as functional or up to date.
            MetaX allows you to edit all the metadata in iTunes, search several sources for data. Best one and Dan is actively enhancing the package. Cost is minimal at $9.95 and worth it!
            Last edited by Brazingo; 12-15-2012, 11:41 PM.

Comment

MetaX works just fine for me to edit all aspects of the Metadata on video files, and the information DOES keep it in the file itself, and it shows up in iTunes as well. I wanted it because I wanted to see the video descriptions and other info while browsing the files from my AppleTV, and after using MetaX, it shows up just fine.

Comment

Working...
              X