Sub title not displaying on TV or BD Player

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Sub title not displaying on TV or BD Player

Hi. I used a free version of the BD Ripper and ripped an mkv sample chapter of a movie. The finished sample contained the mkv file, .idx and .sub files. When I play it on a PC, the subtitle runs smoothly but when I play it on my TV and BD Player it doesn't show. However, I copied sample mkv movies from a friend but his files show the subtitle.

Any inputs? I'd like to know what can be done before I purchase the DVDFab program tomorrow.

Thanks all!

It depends on which profile you were using and on how the subs were authored. If you were using remux, that behavior might be correct. For other profiles that actually decode the source and encode the output, the subs can be rendered directly into the video, producing a theatrical-type output. If the subs are forced (usually translations), you can set DVD or BD Ripper to use only the forced subs. You really did not give us much information.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

My bad if I was unable to provide much info.

Anyway, I used remux and the audio is selected on the English default DTS-HD. So is there anything that I can do to render the subs directly to the video?

Unfortunately, the trial period has expired and I'm unable to rip another sample but since I'm going to buy the software tomorrow how do I embed the subs to an mkv file if I set the audio settings to ac3? My apologies if I can't be specific about the audio settings since my trial period is over.

I'll ask some info on the force subs after I deal with this since.

Thanks signals and to whoever would reply.

Comment

Working...
      X