Vtech Innotab 2 - Santa needs help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Vtech Innotab 2 - Santa needs help

I just purchased DVDFab, but can't seem to get the .avi to upload to the kids' Innotab 2. Did find online where it says I need to meet the criteria listed below.

Can DVDFab do this? I have four Vtech Innotabs I'm trying to add movies to. Thanks for any help you can give!

.AVI
    Video Encoder MJPEG
    Display Size 480 x 272
    Frmae Rate 15 fps
    Bit Rate 2,400 KPPS
    Audio Encoder PCM
    Audio Channel Mono
    Sampling Rate 20.05 kHz

Post logs
    ...Death Before Dishonor...

Comment

pm

Wow, those are very odd file requirements. I am not sure DVDFab can do mjpeg + pcm in an avi but I will root arounnd and see. No need for a log file, however if you have a sample video file for it, copy it to your PC and get the free MediaInfo (google it) and let it analyze the file and paste the results into a post here.

/////////////EDIT////////////
      Holy crap, I just looked at the website and saw what they were charging for the limited selection of movies. At those rates, you could spend more on the content than you did on the device pretty quickly. No way to do motion jpeg in Ripper right now, but I will check with the developers next week and see if it can be added. Looks like it would play MP3 audio with movies, it plays MP3 audio files already. Do the MediaInfo test, the data may speed this up for you.

Originally posted by pmsimp01 View Post
      I just purchased DVDFab, but can't seem to get the .avi to upload to the kids' Innotab 2. Did find online where it says I need to meet the criteria listed below.

Can DVDFab do this? I have four Vtech Innotabs I'm trying to add movies to. Thanks for any help you can give!

.AVI
      Video Encoder MJPEG
      Display Size 480 x 272
      Frmae Rate 15 fps
      Bit Rate 2,400 KPPS
      Audio Encoder PCM
      Audio Channel Mono
      Sampling Rate 20.05 kHz
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

thanks for looking into this for me. I downloaded the get media software. It would not anaylize the official videos I purchased from Vtech. Those have a .vpv extension if that helps. So I analyzed one that I did get to work (but I had to find another software to download - DVD Catalyst). Here is the results from an avi file that is working on the Innotab 2. Thank you!

General
        Complete name : C:\Users\Pam\Desktop\Elmo Christmas Countdown_01.avi
        Format : AVI
        Format/Info : Audio Video Interleave
        File size : 156 MiB
        Duration : 45mn 52s
        Overall bit rate : 475 Kbps
        Writing application : MEncoder Sherpya-SVN-r29319-4.5.0
        Writing library : MPlayer

Video
        ID : 0
        Format : MPEG-4 Visual
        Format profile : Simple@L1
        Format settings, BVOP : No
        Format settings, QPel : No
        Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
        Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
        Codec ID : DX50
        Codec ID/Hint : DivX 5
        Bit rate : 400 Kbps
        Width : 368 pixels
        Height : 272 pixels
        Display aspect ratio : 4:3
        Frame rate : 15.000 fps
        Color space : YUV
        Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
        Bit depth : 8 bits
        Scan type : Progressive
        Compression mode : Lossy
        Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.266
        Stream size : 131 MiB (84%)
        Writing library : Lavc52.29.0

Audio
        ID : 1
        Format : MPEG Audio
        Format version : Version 1
        Format profile : Layer 3
        Codec ID : 55
        Codec ID/Hint : MP3
        Bit rate mode : Constant
        Bit rate : 64.0 Kbps
        Channel(s) : 1 channel
        Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
        Compression mode : Lossy
        Stream size : 21.0 MiB (13%)
        Alignment : Aligned on interleaves
        Interleave, duration : 24 ms (0.36 video frame)
        Interleave, preload duration : 504 ms

Thank you!

Comment

This does not match the specs you were able to find but is much more common and DVDFab I think can still make a file to match these. Try one of the Xvid+MP3 profiles, and set the video frame rate to 15 or 20 fps, the MP3 audio bitrate to 64 kbps and the video bitrate to around 400 kbps. The frame size should be the same as the one you posted, between 360 and 400x270 or something close.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
          X