Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Kindle Fire HD Rip takes forever

Trying to rip for Amazon Kindle and it takes too long

I am using the "Amazon" pre settings and it finished 67% in close to an hour and a half

Is there a a fix for this

A fix for what? Post a complete internal log so someone can see what is happening. And tell us what you computer is as well especially the CPU.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Its a i5 processer , 4 GB RAM

Processor is not the problem
      Last edited by trying; 01-05-2013, 02:30 AM.

Comment

There is a fix for useless comments like yours and I have it. This is your only warning. If you want help here, supply the requested information.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Its not a useless comment . I asked a very simple question and I was polite when i asked the question

I wasn't rude at all.

Can you please let me know how do i get the logs that you want

Comment

It was useless until you edited a little information in.

You can find the internal log by clicking on the "?" at the top right of the DVDFab window and selecting "Open Log Folder". Use Notepad to open and view the file , then copy and paste the log session from one of your conversions.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Attached

Thanks for looking
              Attached Files

Comment

That is a slow profile. I have an i7 and a BR to Kindle Fire HD is going to take better than an hour and a half at right around 30 fps. So there is probably no problem at all.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Is there a faster profile available that I can use ?

Comment

The version of DVDFab you are using is so old I really can't speak to it at all. I'm using 8.2.2.6 and using th profile you are on the dark knight rises it will take less than 30 minutes. Why don't you go ahead and update.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Ok thanks i will update and let you know

Comment

Just a side thought observation, but I recently bought my wife the Kindle Fire HD for Christmas.
                        For most BR rips, I queue up three profiles, the most basic for mobile devices being 720p MPEG4 / H.264 w/ just a 2-channel Stereo setting for audio (always figure on a smartphone or tablet you're probably only using headphones anyhow).

As we added the Fire HD to the mix, I thought I would add the Kindle profile as a 4th option to the queue. Once the BR rips were completed, I didn't think the slightly increased file size of the Fire HD was really necessary. Doing my usual 720p MPEG4/H.264 w/ 2-channel audio would have been just as adequate and still looked great on the Fire HD.

e.g., Sound of Music Blu-ray (source I believe is DTS HD Master Audio 7.1:
                        - Kindle Fire HD profile = 2.25 GB
                        - 720p MPEG4/H.264 w/ 2-channel audio = 1.19 GB
                        ... for reference the MKV Remux = 33.2 GB

Comment

Working...
                        X