No announcement yet.

Aspect Ratio 16:9 to 4:3. Not Working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Aspect Ratio 16:9 to 4:3. Not Working.

Hi all. Im backing up my bluray for Batman Begins. Within video settings i have an option to choose aspect ratio 16:9, 4:3 or customize. I obvioiusly choose 4:3. The output preview window displays a full screen of movie greatness but once completed I view the file and it remains as 16:9. I repeated with 4:3 changes but still the same. Any ideas.... i would say I cant change aspect ratio with DVD Fab. I have blu ray ripper sw - convertion mkv,redux. Thanks

You won't get a rescale/change aspect ratio with any remux profile.

Remux = pass through video and audio without any alteration.

Why the hell would you want to do this anyhow?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I too would like to know how this can be done. I like viewing my movies in full screen. I can do so when I download a movie cuz my Samsung player has a fullscreen button, so it stretches the picture so I don't loose any picture. But when I rip a BD to an mkv format the fullscreen button does not adjust the picture at all. Am I ripping to a wrong aspect ratio or something?

Comment

Two options. First use mkv. remux and then alter the aspect ratio in vlc. I prefer this as it leaves the choice (watch the movie as intended).

Second. Dont use mkv.remux and use other seting and then change the aspect ratio within dvdfab.

Comment

thx for the advice but I'm still not having any luck. I have all the tools, you name it I got it. And every time I try to change the aspect ratio in DVDFab it won't convert and gives an error. Some more specific help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

As Gregiboy said, it is impossible with any remux or passthrough profiles. You can modify any of the re-encode profiles for the output size that you want. Usually there is a line like this:

<size keep_aspect="1" list="1024x768" out_size="" aspect_x="4" aspect_y="3" maxsize="1024x768" limited="0"/>

Change it so that it reads like this and try it.

<size keep_aspect="1" list="640x480" out_size="640x480" aspect_x="4" aspect_y="3" maxsize="1280x928" limited="0"/>

If you want to lock this output size, change "limited" from 0 to 1.

Note that this modified profile will be overwritten when you update DVDFab, so store a copy somewhere else and copy it to the Profiles3 folder after the installation. It may be possible to do all this with the new Profile Editor, I have not used it yet.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

And as I said, why do this anyhow?

You will be changing how the director wanted you to see the movie. I honestly cannot understand the fixation on using all the TV's real estate.

If you are determined to do it, I would suggest that you would be better served looking at the "ZOOM" controls on either your TV or media player.
              "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I figured out how to do it because my grandson had a device with a 1.25:1 screen. For my movies I prefer the black bars and the intended aspect ratio.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X