Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Specify Output Size

Hi!

Prior to version 9, while using the Zune profile in DVD Ripper, I could specify an output size that would be fairly accurate. In version 9, whenever I try to specify an output size, it automatically changes to a lower value. Is there anyway to set the output size without that happening?

Thanks!

S_I

You need to set the Video Quality dropdown to "Customized" on the Edit page. It will then allow changes to the bitrate.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Still Not Working

Thanks for that tip, but a couple things...

1. Did you mean the Video Quality in Advanced Settings? There is no Video Quality setting in the edit menu.

2. If I set the Video Quality in the advanced settings to customized, then try to change the output size, it still automatically adjusts. For example, if I enter 500 MB, it changes to 389 MB.

Any other ideas?

S_I

Comment

Partial Solution Found

So I went ahead and ran the process and found that the output size is coming out pretty good based on the number I try to enter, despite the fact that it changes in the settings. I typed in 450 MB as my desired output size and DVDFab reduced it to around 340 MB automatically. Once I ran the process, the output file was about 467 MB.

It would seem more logical to me if DVDFab would not change the value, but as long as it works I'm satisfied.

S_I

Comment

Working...
        X