9.0.2.0 - Continual crashes when ripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 9.0.2.0 - Continual crashes when ripping

So, I have sent a message to support with only the most basic of repsonses (try to uninstall and then reinstall) and no luck in fixing this problem.

DVDFab full version 9.0.2.0
    using the DVD Ripper to get electronic copies of my DVD Collection.
    profile is the default avi.xvid.audiocopy.

3 issues occur, with varying frequency
    1- DVDFab is marked as crashed. This crashes the program only, but it consistently happens with certain discs. (of course, with those discs, it happens every single time - "Blade collection" disc 2 - Blade III, "Charlotte's Web (animated), Signs)
    2- Blue-screen of death. This happens less frequently. I can consistantly cause this to happen with the "Fantasy & Action - 6 movie pack", specifically disc 2, Beowulf movie (1998) (Track 3)
    3- system hang. The system just hangs. The screen is displaying the last image on it, but the mouse and keyboard show no response and a forced reboot is the only option.
    4- White screen. The system hangs with the display turned all white. There is no response from any device and a forced reboot is the only option.
    This happens with every single session (if it does not abort sooner because of errors 1, 2, or 3 above). Sometimes it happens with the first disc, sometimes only after 3-5 discs... but it happens every single time.
    -- I can cause this to happen regularly if I attempt to rip more than one track on a disc.
    -- I can cause this to happen if I am doing ANYTHING else on the computer while the rip is working (firefox (19.0) causes it faster than anything else, but it happens with any activity.
    -- even if I am not doing anything else, the system will hand with a white-screen after 3, 4, 5, etc rips in a row.

This is incredibly frustrating, since I have some 100 or more DVDs to get through..... including some TV series discs, which - if I have to run as individual rips rather than being able to queue the tracks, I'll never get it done. Does anyone have ANY ideas?

Hi Kindred
    Please post your internal logs.
    Thanks
    CBR929
    Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Logs attached.

Blue-screen captures below
      dmp files from blue screen also attached

Code:
      Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name:	  BlueScreen
        OS Version:	  6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
        Locale ID:	  1033

Additional information about the problem:
        BCCode:	  124
        BCP1:	  0000000000000000
        BCP2:	  FFFFFA8004E21028
        BCP3:	  00000000B2000040
        BCP4:	  0000000000000800
        OS Version:	  6_1_7601
        Service Pack:	  1_0
        Product:	  768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
        C:\Windows\Minidump\011313-36597-01.dmp
        C:\Users\Wagner Family\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-2166729-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
        http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
        C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Problem signature:
        Problem Event Name:	 BlueScreen
        OS Version:	 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
        Locale ID:	 1033

Additional information about the problem:
        BCCode:	 116
        BCP1:	 FFFFFA8005B494E0
        BCP2:	 FFFFF8800F410A88
        BCP3:	 0000000000000000
        BCP4:	 000000000000000D
        OS Version:	 6_1_7601
        Service Pack:	 1_0
        Product:	 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
        C:\Windows\Minidump\011313-33009-01.dmp
        C:\Users\Wagner Family\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-973305-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
        http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
        C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi Kindred
        My suggestion would be to turn off Cuda.
        Go into Fabs settings and set everything to software and try again.
        Hope this helps
        CBr929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Comment

CBR929,

fingers crossed... I managed to rip two single track discs and two series discs. (one while using firefox) with no crashing of any sort. That may have solved the problem. If it happens again, I'll post back... but right now, THANKS!

Out of curiosity, what is CUDA and why is it turned on by default, if it's problematic? (I did a search on it from Google and got to the NVIDIA site with an explanation, but it does not appear completely clear.)
          Do I lose something quality-wise or otherwise by turning off CUDA?

(side note... I wonder if there was a conflict between the program CUDA and the graphics card device driver (it is an geoforce card with NVIDIA driers))

Comment

On some machines CUDA is faster, but the quality is actually better set to all software (all GPU acceleration off).
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Glad your having better success.

Comment

So, since switching to "software", I have not had the blue screen or white screen crashes.

However the DVDFab program now crashes reguarly. This is the straight program crash, which, 80% of the time, generates the "report this crash" dialogue.

I filled out the form and hit send for the first 20 of so... but have not bothered since then... (and today, I fell afoul of the 9.0.2.2 bug which had rips sitting at 0.00% forever.) The newest 9.0.2.2 version, just downloaded, now process the rip, but we'll see if it also fixes the program crashes.

Comment

If it does not work, post the DVDFab internal log entry from the one that crashes.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                  X