Subtitle Problems/Aspect Ratio since 9.0.2.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Subtitle Problems/Aspect Ratio since 9.0.2.2

I only recently purchased the DVDFab All in One and installed version 9. I'm using it to rip my son and I's dvd's/bluray's to hd as avi (for my ps3) & mkv (for his xbox) files which are then served by Plex (which converts what little overlap we have in movies for the other person). Since installation I haven't been able to get aspect ratio to show up in the Ripper screen- I right click and select it, it shows as selected, but the column for it never comes up. Since some discs have the choice of standard or widescreen I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this and been successful getting the column for aspect ratio to show up.

Also, ONLY since updating to 9.0.2.2, I'm having issues with sub's. Usually, I rip to avi with .sub & .idx then use AVIAddXSub, which has the added bonus of changing the metatitle (for example, DVDFAb might output 'TARZAN_AND_JANE' but I would prefer 'Tarzan & Jane (2002)), to end up with 'soft' subtitles and only one file instead of 3 (avi+sub+idx). Now however, I receive an error when I try to run AVIAddXSub: Read SubFile: (RT) Attempt to read uninitialised field (DT). Assign a value first.

As this has only been happening since the update the issue is obviously on DVDFab's side so I'm wondering if the developers are aware of the issue already and working on it or if someone knows of a workaround (since my ps3 doesn't acknowledge the existence of the sub/idx combo)?

Sorted the first part of this problem- the aspect ratio- just need help with getting the sub's to work- thanks!

Comment

Soft subtitles are the ones that can be turned off, in case of an AVI it would be additional external files (idx/sub or srt). If you want only one file you have to mux them into the mkv (works with both idx/sub and srt) or with AVI burn them into the picture to get hardcoded subs. In any case, I don't get what you'd need AVIAddXSubs for.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
      MultiShrink
      : DVD Shrink batch processing
      Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

AviAddXSub muxes them into the avi files as soft sub's and they can be turned on and off (without using idx/sub files). I'm not concerned with my son's mkv files- he doesn't care if sub's work or not.

Comment

Try the v9.0.2.3 Beta.
          Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
          Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

no luck with the Beta

Comment

Can you upload a small clip to a filehoster somewhere? I haven't seen any AVI with muxed in soft subs in the wild yet. Thx.

MultiShrink

Comment

I can't figure out how to clip the video using DVDFab or DVDMF to upload it somewhere- here is the developer's blog though: http://aviaddxsubs.blogspot.com/
                It gives more information- it says it's for hardware players only but I'm able to play my files on pc using VLC Player and my sub's show up with no problem (though generally I'm using my ps3). It's very quick, you can use it to do batches and it's free. There's also a guide linked near the bottom of the page which I used to configure the settings for playback in a ps3.

Comment

Aah, it's a divx container with XSubs, never had a standalone that could play those. If it only happens in 9.x it really seems to be a DVDFab bug, hopefully they'll fix it. For the sake of completeness, this is how to clip in DVDfab:
                  • open movie
                  • select main movie
                  • title start/end settings
                  • select chapter range
                    start: 3
                    end: 3

and check how long it is. Sometimes a chapter is only 5 mins or so which shouldn't be too large especially if you only keep one audio stream.

MultiShrink

Comment

Thanks- I'll remember that! Yes, only since the 0.2.2 update- the earlier versions didn't have this issue and I had no problem converting. The bulk of my library has been ripped/converted now so it's not a huge deal but I'm really hoping for a fix soon as I do like my sub's and ps3 doesn't LOL

Comment

Subs trouble

I personnaly use MKV files that's compatible with everything (I don't have a ps3).
                      until version 9.0.1.5 all was fine, but versions after had troubles with the IDX files where timestamps were not increasing all the time.

The good new is that it has been fixed since.

The VERY bad new is that from version 0.2.2 or 0.2.3, it's impossible to get the right IDX file, either from a bluray (the IDX file seems to be incomplete, even when "forced subs" checked, only one or too timestamp (out of hundreds) is present.

MORE bad is that the DVD rip toward MKV is not working anymore : the subs are also lacking, the timestamp s are empty or near.

Are the devs aware of that ?

I am downgrading to 9.0.1.5, the more recent stable version... Too bad if you like subtitles...

French, I rip all my BD/DVD collection to my video server, and I want original + french version for audio + subtitles + forced subtitles for each files...

Best regards,

Pivert

Comment

I installed the stable version of 8.2.2.6, Pivert- the sub's seem to work okay in it. I think I may uninstall 9 until it's sorted out- to many little issues. I'm currently putting the end of my television library on hard drive and it's just a pain in the behind which is a shame since it worked so nicely for me before .2.2.0 (well, I just found the title.name feature so I don't know when that stopped working for multiple titles.).

Comment

How do you downgrade? I am having the same problems regarding subtitles. Using 9022 . Every time I try to downgrade it directs me to 9022.A shambles.

Comment

You can run v8 alongside v9- when you go to the download page just select 8 instead and install it. Mine transferred my license information over for me and everything. I don't know how to find the old v9's, someone else would have to explain that.

Comment

Hi RICKENBACKER
                              You can have version 8 and 9 installed together as they will install in different folders.
                              You can find version 8226 here Download December 25, 2012
                              If you need any other versions give me a pm with your e-mail address and I will be happy to send it to you.
                              CBR929
                              Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X