X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Subtitles

Using 9022 to convert movie to mkv h264 ac3, How do I get the forced
    subtitles? (by forced I mean when someone is speaking, say german, and
    the translation comes onscreen in english)

After DVDFab opens the title, click in the Subpicture column for the main title (usually the top one) on the right and then on the small arrow to open the dropdown selector. Put a checkmark in the bottom box which says "Display only forced subpicture". You can set this as a default in DVDFab Settings, but it may cause processing to take longer on the many titles that do not have forced subs.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks for that, by my copy of fab (9022) does not show
      "Display only forced subpicture" All the drop down shows is
      Danish,English,Finnish,Hindi,Italian,Norwegian, Portuguese,
      Spanish, and Swedish. In the Advanced Settings tab only
      "Direct render to video" and "Extract to idx/subtitle "is shown.
      Should I select" Extract to idx/subtitle" ? (Trying to convert
      The Bridge on The River Kwai)

Comment

Forced subs are usually embedded within another subtitle stream which has to be selected first before "Forced Subs" appears.

In your case I'd try the English track. This is not ALWAYS the case, I have seen titles that have a discrete track that contains only forced subs. It is entirely up to how the studio authors the title and I can guarantee you that they do not adhere to any standards.

The "Extract" vs "Burnt In" is dependant upon what your player supports. Burnt In is encoded into the video and can NEVER be turned off. Sub/Idx can be turned on/off using the players controls if it supports this.
        Last edited by GregiBoy; 01-29-2013, 08:18 PM.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Thanks Gregiboy, I will do the "extract" option .

Comment

Just a tip.

My players all support subs within the MKV container so as the last step, I mux the sub/idx into the actual file which is then a nice clean solution using MKVToolnix and mark it as forced.
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I also found that some of the BD movies have multiple subpictures for a given language (3 English for example). Because of that, the "Display only forced subpicture" does not always work. What you have to do is use the built in player, check a subpicture (not the first one usually as that's ALL subtitles), and play the movie in the area where there is a foreign language that needs translation and see if it works. If not, try a different one. One of them will be the forced subpicture. In this scenario, you do not check the "Display only forced subpicture" option.

Comment

Working...
              X