Jerky Video and Out of Sync Audio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Jerky Video and Out of Sync Audio

I purchased DVDFab DVD Ripper a few weeks ago and I have to say I'm a bit disappointed and discouraged at this point. The issue's I'm having were present (for me anyway) in the last iteration of version 8 and both iterations of version 9. I'm currently using version 9.0.3.0. Let me describe the issues...

1) Jerky video - The video seems to speed up for a split second on camera angle or scene changes.
    2) Out of Sync Audio - This one is obvious, but tends to start out slightly off and then gets worse as the movie goes on.

Here are the settings I've tried...

1) MKV Passthrough, default high quality, GPU and lightening recording enabled.
    2) MKV Passthrough, default high quality, GPU and lightening recording disabled
    3) MKV Passthrough, default high quality, GPU, lightening recording disabled and turbo CPU disabled

The issues are present in previewing the movies in VLC AND when I watch them on the USB Media Player on my Roku. I've also attached my log file demonstrating each of the ripping scenarios noted above.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

Please check your settings and data. You indicate you are using MKV Passthrough, but the logs say otherwise. I have tried MKV Passsthrough in v9030 and can't duplicate your symptoms. The quality and other settings you list in 1) 2) and 3) have no effect on the output in Passthrough, since it preserves the original video, audio and subtitle streams without re-encoding. Lightning Recoding is only active for h264 to h264 input/output regardless of the setting. I played my test back with VLC and DVDFab Media Player.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Sorry for the confusion, I meant to indicate mkv AUDIO passthrough. I've verified the settings and they are otherwise as indicated in my original post. On a side note, I have tried mkv passthrough as well. I don't get the jerky video, but the audio is REALLY out of sync.

I've added a screen capture of my settings just to avoid any confusion.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dgibson1; 03-16-2013, 05:35 PM. Reason: Add a screenshot.

Comment

Working...
      X