Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vob Passthrough copy protection problem (I think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Vob Passthrough copy protection problem (I think)

I just ripped the DVD, Easy Money (with Rodney Dangerfield) using Vob Passthrough. When the movie begins, he is photographing a party. A few minutes later, when that scene ends and before it goes to the opening credits, a short MGM.com video pops up and the copy Warning screen appears. Then the credits play. This doesn't happen when playing the DVD in a DVD player. Only when ripped. Is DVDFab missing some sort of copy protection? Is there a way to eliminate this "pop up"? It also plays when previewing in DVDFab, but like I said, not when you play the DVD in a player or on your computer.

This is an old disc and should be OK, sorry I do not have it to try. Make sure you have PathPlayer in Always Enable mode, and try using main Movie to copy to HDD before running Ripper. Also possibly try setting PathPlayer for a deeper scan using the slider controls in DVDFab Settings.

It seems to be available in 3 versions (single title on disc (2000), 2 titles (2007) and 4 titles (2011)).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That worked, signals... THANKS. Unfortunately I've ripped a lot of movies and then gave the DVD's away. I hope there aren't any more that I've missed and could have fixed them using this method. THANKS again!

Comment

Originally posted by Kusaywa View Post
        Unfortunately I've ripped a lot of movies and then gave the DVD's away.
        Kusaywa, you are on very thin ice here. Please read THIS
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X