I Think I have SOLVED the Audio Sync Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper I Think I have SOLVED the Audio Sync Problem

First off I think I should get a Lifetime copy of the complete DVDFab software for this. I mean how many customers have you lost? How much time has been spent by the developers? How much bad will have you gotten because the Ripping Audio Sync has been off for months.

I have used version 8.0... but I am sure it is the same with version 9.

And the answer is…….
    By default the FPS is being set to 23.976. This 23.976fps is EVERYWHERE. Even when you are selecting REMUX and it tells you the same as source it is NOT.

The screen shot included proves it. It is of MediaInfo displaying my City Of Angles Remux. The original is 29.97fps but even though remux said it was going to do original fps it did not. It did 23.97.

I have noticed the same with MK, MP4 in using that software.

When I changed the fps to 25fps or 29.97fps the Audio instantly worked and was in sync all the way to the end.

Now, how about that free software for all the money I have just saved you after somebody that has been having problems please proves me correct.
    Attached Files

It did not work with mine, I did some with the 23 FPS and some in the 29 FPS with both the versions 8 & 9 & it did not make any difference. The synch was still noticeably off on both.

Comment

That stinks

Well that stinks. My odds of getting software for free does not look too good then.

I will try version 9 this weekend and see if it works like it did for me with version 8.0.

Like I said, for me it worked with MP4 and MKV. Since I can not change REMUX that was still off.

I did have the CUDA off, and i was working with a DVD Copied version off the HD instead off the DVD Media.

Regardless, this is an obvious bug since REMUX is supposed to be straight copy and it is not.

Comment

Please try v9.0.3.3 Beta for the sync issues in remux or VOB Passthrough profiles. The framerate setting should have no effect on any of these since there is no re-encoding. Normally, the framerate dropdown should be unavailable for these profiles.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I am still Right about what i said.

Ok Signals I did almost as you asked. As 1 guy already said Passthrough has been taken out as an option. (For Good Reasons)

The problem is still there. DVDRipper thinks all movies are 23.946 as the Source. IT IS NOT in reality.

I DVD Copied Connan the Barbarian to my Hard drive. I then started DVD Ripper to make an MP4.H264.AAC file since there is no Remus/Passthrough option.

I am sending 2 screen shots. 1. shows what DVD Ripper thinks is the FPS and the 2nd showing what it really is.

I am fairly sure that almost all of everyones problems are that they are not getting 29.97 as default but this 23.946.

Remus/Passthrough are for sure messed up if they think the movies default is 23.946 instead of the real 29.97.

I will now make a movie changing the 23.946 (what it thinks is real) to 29.97 what is really real and I bet it will work perfectly.
          Attached Files

Comment

@edbrackin

Good detective work Ed...

I am sure that you are onto something. I have always found that using anything else other than the "ORIGINAL SOURCE RATE" will cause audio sync problems.

I wonder whether Fab is just writing it in the file header incorrectly???
            "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

1st Success

Ok, what is up with the DVD Fab splash screen in my MP4 when I did a Rip with my Lifetime copy here?

It worked with Conan the Barbarian.

I set it to 29.97 FPS which is what it really is and it worked.

I will do a MKV tonight of Conan with the correct FPS and I bet it will all be good.

I have now used it in version 8 & 9 and it works.

Let you know how MKV works

Comment

Mixed Results

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Please try v9.0.3.3 Beta for the sync issues in remux or VOB Passthrough profiles. The framerate setting should have no effect on any of these since there is no re-encoding. Normally, the framerate dropdown should be unavailable for these profiles.
                I am including lots of screen shots of the FPS right and wrong.
                I am including all the log files.
                I am getting mixed results now. With Version9.0.3.3

1. The MKV.h264_Default which uses passthrough and "Same As Source" for everything have SEVERE Audio Sync problems AND its FPS "IS NOT" the same as source as it Says and Thinks.

2. The MKV.h264.aac has the wrong FPS also. It is showing and saying 23 FPS is source when it IS NOT.

3. Even though it used 23 FPS the Audio WAS in sync this time.

4. The 29 fps WAS in sync.

I am posting the Log file HERE because 5 file attachments was the limit.

DVDFab 9.0.3.2 (2013/04/15 08:03:59)

0m 00.17s: Start preload dll...
                0m 00.21s: Load dll successful.
                0m 00.21s: Start load fabplay dll...
                0m 00.30s: Load fabplay dll successful.
                0m 00.30s: Windows os type is: 13.
                0m 00.30s: Transfer settings successful.
                0m 03.77s: GPUAccelerate: 12345
                0m 03.77s: CUDA cap: 0
                0m 03.77s: Support coreavc decode: 0
                0m 03.77s: Graphics info: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 : 3.20 : 1.1
                0m 03.77s: Qt Translator file load success
                0m 04.04s: Start get sys number.
                0m 04.04s: Serial number is: 00-25-64-b4-ac-c4
                0m 04.04s: Reg URL link is: https://www.dvdfabstore.com/auth/v2/
                0m 04.05s: Version is: 9032
                0m 04.05s: Product is: 2
                0m 04.05s: Connect type is: 0
                0m 05.37s: Times of connecting error is: 0
                0m 05.37s: Parse string is: 2:8260762964
                0m 05.37s: Parse string is: 11:8260762964
                0m 05.37s: Parse string is: 1:0
                0m 05.38s: Parse string is: OV:9028
                0m 05.38s: Parse string is: BV:9033
                0m 05.38s: Parse string is: S:7cff50d6e8724b7a412b4f07d539822c
                0m 05.57s: option - 0 : 1 - 2 : 1 - 2 : 1 - 11 : 1 - 20 : 1 - 21 : 1 - 50 : 1 - 60 : 1 - 61 : 1 - 62 : 1 - 80 : 1 - 22 : 1 - 70 : 1 - 71 : 1 - 72 : 1
                0m 05.57s: End check info.
                0m 05.57s: Load config successful.
                0m 06.61s: Init profile data driver sucessful.
                0m 06.65s: Init GPU settings sucessful.
                0m 10.00s: Begin init preview play engine.
                0m 10.01s: Init DirectShow engine successful.
                0m 10.99s: Profile Manager :: End Load Profile
                0m 11.31s: Init burn engine successful.
                0m 11.55s: Get update info start
                0m 11.55s: Product type is: 2
                0m 11.55s: Version is: 9033
                0m 11.55s: URL link is: http://www.dvdfabstore.com/update/
                0m 11.55s: Language type is:
                0m 11.73s: Get update info end with result: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?><update version="1.0"><status value='1'/><download value='http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9_BETA'/><changes></changes><date value=''/></update>
                0m 11.73s: Update version: 1.0
                0m 11.73s: Status is: 1
                0m 11.73s: Download url: http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9_BETA
                0m 11.73s: What's new:
                0m 11.73s: Version Data:
                0m 12.29s: opening drive D
                0m 12.33s: opened i/o
                0m 12.33s: failed to detect media type: sensekey 00 asc 00 acsq 00
                0m 12.34s: got max lba 0
                0m 12.42s: CommmandLine in fabopensource is

DVDFab 9.0.3.3 (2013/04/15 08:08:06)

0m 00.13s: Start preload dll...
                0m 00.18s: Load dll successful.
                0m 00.18s: Start load fabplay dll...
                0m 00.24s: Load fabplay dll successful.
                0m 00.24s: Windows os type is: 13.
                0m 00.27s: Transfer settings successful.
                0m 03.92s: GPUAccelerate: 12345
                0m 03.92s: CUDA cap: 0
                0m 03.92s: Support coreavc decode: 0
                0m 03.92s: Graphics info: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 : 3.20 : 1.1
                0m 03.92s: Qt Translator file load success
                0m 09.74s: Profile Manager :: End Load Profile
                Attached Files

Comment

V 9.0.3.3 Beta doesn't work for me.

Profile "AVI.h264.ac3" was working fine in version 9 and version 8 for me, up until the latest update 9.0.3.3 Beta. I have tried a lot of the things suggested on here, but none make any difference. I have tried all of the standard profiles with varying degrees of lip sync issues, but they are all bad in 9.0.3.3. Version 8 is still working, so I will go back to using that, but I paid a lot of money for the lifetime copy of DVDFAB and I think I should be able to use the latest version if I want to.

Comment

I just did a Copy of my BluRay to my HD, now I was going to try to RIP the file to my HD using DVDFAB 8.0.8.5. When I select the MP4.h264.aac profile, I don't have any option to select FPS. I don't understand why you can't specify FPS for BluRay, but you can for DVD. Especially now since you all are noticing that Same as Source, really isn't Same as Source....

Comment

I think in that very old version of DVDFab the profiles are set to same as source as the only option. The framerate is also controlled in Settings->DVD/BD Ripper to be same as source or as set in profile. Try modifying the profile.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I do not have a BD Burner

Sorry, but I do not have a Blu-Ray burner so I can not check it out. DVDFab has just released 9.3.3.4 then 9.3.3.5 so maybe it is addresed now.

Comment

Still getting Audio Sync issues in 9.0.3.5

I am still having audio sync issues in 9.0.3.5. In fact, the audio seems to be further out of sync with the video, than it was in any of the previous versions. I have tried MP4 and AVI, several different profiles for each and I am still getting the same problems. Please can this be sorted out?

Comment

Working...
                          X