X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MPEG-4 , H264, MP4, M4V any recommendation, Help please

Hello,

I just downloaded the DVD FAB 6 Platinum and I am trying to convert some personal movies that I use for education.

My students have a lot of different version of iPhones and iPods. I would like to start to convert all of my education documentaries so that my students can view them on their devices.

The majority of my students have the iPods, iPhone, Ipod touch so I am little confused. A colleague of mine have a MPEG-4 and he mentioned that this is the format that I should follow as it would give a better quality and work with everything. Others told me to use H264 that it is the way to go as it takes less space and the quality is almost the same.

I tries to convert one documentary and am only getting a M4V format and I don't know why and what this is.

My question is, what is the right format that the majority of devices will work with and which frame per second I should use 23, 29, or 30 and the screen format should I use 480 X 208, 480 X 272.

Any advice and recommendation would be appreciated.

Please check with your school administrators to make sure you are not violating copyright law by distributing these videos to your students. In the USA, schools have special Fair Use exemptions but I am not sure if they cover this.

The iPod_MPEG4 profile should work for almost all such devices. It makes MP4 files, not M4V. You may have to make a different version for best performance on the iTouch or iPhone. Whether you choose 480x270 or 480x202 etc. will depend on the aspect ratio of the original material. DVDFab will usually make a suggestion that matches. The framerate may be set to "same as source" which will be 29.97 for NTSC video and 25 fps for PAL. You did not say what country you are in, and we have no way to know.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X