Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Just passing the time

Hi,

I am trying the bluray ripper, I managed to rip the disc to an ISO and I am now trying to make a .mkv out of it. The file is located on my NAS (but has same problem when on local HD) and the put put folder is on my desktop.

The problem is that dvdfab just sits there counting the seconds away and does not encode anything - I have tried other formats and settings - uninstalling - rebooting nothing works - can any one tell me whats wrong with this thing ?

I have included a small pic to show you the problem

regards

Ump..
    Attached Files

You can't make an mkv from a whole disc, you need to select the particular file or movie on the disc or iso. At least, I think this is right!

Why not just rip the movie to an mkv directly from the disc?

Also, imagine the data transfer speed from an external NAS on your network! There's no way a massive iso is going to move around a local network with any speed. I wouldn't even attempt it.

If your network is 10/100, a 30 gig iso will take 30 minutes to copy from your NAS to your computer, probably longer.

If your network is gigabit, there's no guarantee it's running at that speed. Gigabit networks often fall back to 10/100 because of something in the chain not liking gigabit.

Comment

Ump
      Frypan is correct, you can't put the entire disc into an MKV container with DVD or BD Ripper, you have to choose the movie or episode that you want.

NAS drives are not recommended as Source or Target with DVDFab, it is asking for slower speeds and problems.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks guys I'll try again.

Comment

Hi,

I have fixed it. It turned out to be an encoding problem. When I used the remux profile it worked, so I uninstalled it, totally deleted the files, re installed and selected h264.mp3 profile and it works great now.

Just thought I would let you know.

Comment

Working...
          X