No announcement yet.

Ripped audio in left channel only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Ripped audio in left channel only?

Hey all -

I've been having a weird problem since upgrading to 9.0.3.*.

All the spoken audio - I'm assuming that's the center channel on the disc - and a good deal of the sfx - is ending up in my left speaker. This is more noticeable on headphones than my TV.

I'm using the Amazon Kindle Fire profile, and has happened with several discs, both older (Labyrinth, Splice) and newer (Skyfall).

I'm making do, but it was really annoying when my left headphone went out in the middle of a film

Any thoughts on troubleshooting? Ripping with V8 doesn't have this effect.

FWIW the left/right/surround channels seem to work just fine. Cars zoom past, environmental sounds and soundtracks, that sort of thing I can hear in both headphones. It really seems to be just things that I'd hear from the center channel.
    Attached Files

Did you ever solve your audio problem? I'm having the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by rearlparker View Post
      Did you ever solve your audio problem? I'm having the same issue.
      Same here. I hear the music track in both ears, but voices only in the left. Very annoying.

Comment

Try updating to v9.0.4.0, I seem to recall a fix for this in a late v9.0.3.x.

Also, see this thread for a possible workaround if 9040 does not fix it: http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...ewpost&t=21868
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It's a problem with aac 5.1 audio tracks. We'll fix it asap.Please wait for the fixed release. Thanks for your support!

Comment

Working...
          X