Crop Settings on 9.0.3.8 Messed up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Crop Settings on 9.0.3.8 Messed up

Hi.... 9.0.3.8 You have to do much more work to set correct crops.

For instance, load .iso file of ripped DVD. Movie has 2.35:1 aspect. DVDFab will not automatically crop the black bars on the top and bottom. If you look at the choices of screen size under EDIT, it is only 1920x1080. But if you select CROP, then go back to RESIZE, all of a sudden 1920x866 (or something like that) will then show up. You then must select it to get only the movie and no black.

It didn't used to be this difficult. DVDFab would automatically delete the black bars and set the new vertical size automatically.

Can this be fixed, please?

It must be the profile you are using. I just tried a DVD and a BD that were 2.37:1 and both were cropped with no black bars, i.e. the source aspect ratio was duplicated in the output with automatic cropping selected. Some profiles have fixed output sizes and aspects, not sure if that is what you are seeing.

This was with v9.0.3.8, capture attached.
    Attached Files
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      It must be the profile you are using. I just tried a DVD and a BD that were 2.37:1 and both were cropped with no black bars, i.e. the source aspect ratio was duplicated in the output with automatic cropping selected. Some profiles have fixed output sizes and aspects, not sure if that is what you are seeing.

This was with v9.0.3.8, capture attached.
      It is the appleTV3 profile.

Comment

On the .38 release....

Now if I use the AppleTV3 profile, It is only showing 1920x1080 as an available raster. This obviously doesn't work for titles like Star Trek TNG which are 1440x1080 in a 1920x1080 raster.

DVDFab USED to automatically set the crop for you and set the new raster. Now with .38 you have to go into EDIT, the manually select Crop, which will then set up the automatic crop area. Then you have to go back to resize and MANUALLY select 1440x1080.

Why did this change? It's a pain in the butt.

Comment

I usually use one of the .mkv options and it's the same there as well.

Comment

If a bug of opening Video effect page in DVD ripper. Do not repro in BD ripper. The frame resolution for DVD will change to another after opening the video effect page. We'll fix it asap.

Comment

Terry I apologize.... This is actually an issue on BD Ripper, even though I accidentally tagged it as DVD Ripper

Comment

Yes, I got it. It's another issue about do not select the cropped frame resolution in Resize table. We'll fix it asap.

Comment

I assume the crop bug didn't get fixed in 9.0.3.9?

Comment

Maybe not. I have reported it to our developers and they will fix asap. Please give us more time. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                    X