No forced subs in mkv audiocopy output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) No forced subs in mkv audiocopy output

Using 8226 .Trying to convert THE MUMMY to mkv audio copy I am unable to get any forced subtitles. When its played in the preview window I right click on the screen and select the subpicture menu, which has 2 english options, 1 is the "always on" option, the other is the directors commentary. Yet when the disc is played back on any of my standalone players the forced subtitles are automatically displayed. (They are not displayed on FAB Media Player or VLC
    Media Player)What am I doing wrong?

Is the original disc a Blu-ray or a DVD? You posted in the forum for BD->DVD converting, so I am confused about what you are trying to do. I can move your thread to the correct spot for a quicker response, but I need to know which module you are using first.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It is a blu ray,trying to convert to mkv audio copy. Sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Comment

It's no problem, please post the DVDFab internal log session from one of these.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I would do this!!!

Select the first subtitle stream and then set "Forced Only" on and check what happens. You can do just a few chapters that you know have forced subs to quicken the process.

Try this test file with VLC/Fab players to see what happens.

If no subs, then use MediInfo to inspect the file to see if subs are actully contained.

If they are, I would then inspect the MKV with Subtitle Edit to see what subs are actually there. If they are what you want, I would use MKVMerge to set the sub stream as Default & Forced and see what happens.

Subs are not easy as the studios persist in doing nearly every title differently so if subs are high on your agenda, I suggest you learn about the software and procedures that I have outlined above.

Hope this helps.
          The Wiz...
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
          X