Subtitle Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Subtitle Questions

I just started to rip some of my movies to MKV using MKV.H264.audiocopy. When I use DVD Copy I am given the ability to select what subtitles I want to copy and which one if any to have automatically turn on when played.

I do not see this feature in DVD Ripper. I can select a subtitle and remux it into a file but when played the subtitles always appear until I turn them off. I have Display ONLY forced Subtitles checked. I assumed that meant I would only see forced subtitles in the subtitles drop down but that is not the case. I have "Always Display Forced subtitles" checked in Common Settings, Conversion, Convert.

I am trying to have just forced English subtitles in my rips and if I select a subtitle everything gets subtitled.

Am I missing something or am I doing too much.

Thanks

Please post an internal log from one of these conversions where the subs don't appear correctly. This can also be caused by a problem with the player.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I guess I wasn't making myself clear. I have some questions, not really a problem since the movie I am dealing only has one stream and I don't really need it. I am looking to future movies and want to be sure to include the forced stream

I want to know how I can put subtitles on an MKV rip using MKV.h264.audiocopy without them being defaulted ON like you can with DVD Copy. I am remuxing them into the file but it works the same way with sub idx files.

I am using VLC as a player and they are ON by default.

I am also curious what the Display Only Forced in the subtitle drop down means? If I have only one subtitle stream and it is the complete subtitles. Having the check box ticked or not appears to have no impact.

Comment

Have a read of this. It may clarify a few things.

"Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
        X