BBC documentary - unable to playback in xbmc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) BBC documentary - unable to playback in xbmc

I am having some problems here and was wondering if someone can help me out.

The only way I can rip a BBC documentary is by using mkv.passthrough, all other profiles forces DVDfab to crash as soon as I hit "start". Prior to ripping the disc, i notice that the video preview in DVDfab is extremely chopping. After ripping using the passthrough profile, the video playback in powerDVD is perfect however it is choppy in XBMC.

I did not encounter this problem with any of my previous 200 rips so i'm wondering if the problem is specific to copyright protection on BBC material and it's preventing playback on a non-dvd player.

any help is greatly appreciated!

Windows 8 / 64-bit
    8Gb RAM / i3-325 cpu @ 3.30Ghz

Please post the internal log from one of these conversions, also one where it freezes or crashes. The title and UPC code of the disc would be helpful also. Try updating to v9.0.4.3 as well.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I wouldn't mind betting that this is one of the notorious BBC releases that have AVC Interlaced video which all transcoders seem to stumble on.

It's most probably compounded by the audio being something esoteric.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I was thinking about the audio too.

@joerobert,
        The log file would really help.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X