IPad M4V Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper IPad M4V Format

I am really trying to get used to using Version 9. I am trying to rip a movie for my IPad and want it in the M4V format. I know I am just missing it but for the life of me, I can't find an IPad profile that rips to anything but a MP4 and I can't figure out how to change the output to M4V. I could do this in version 8 but 9 has me stumped.

Thanks!

Try the iPad.mp4 profile, funny but it makes m4v files.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you so much...I never even thought to try that!

Comment

Well, I have the right format now but I need to do some more figuring out because the file is 4+ gig in size...

Pam

Comment

PamS, Try the iPad.h264.multichannel profile it makes an m4v file and you can choose a smaller screen resolution = smaller file size.
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

You can use the iPhone4 1080P profile and just reduce the size to around 720x400 or so. You can also modify the iPad profile to add smaller screen sizes, I think it is one of those that has a fixed output frame size (960x???) and makes huge files. The ones with the other profile are about 1.8GB with a good video bitrate and look great on my iPad2. Also try downmixing the audio to just plain stereo, it will also reduce the size.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
            X