Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Subtitles

I'm ripping using the iPad3.h264.multichannel profile. I've been deselecting the subtitles but I noticed this also disabled the subtitles I would have wanted to see, like in Avatar when they are speaking the native language. How can I keep those without seeing them through the entire movie?

Use the "Forced Subtitles" feature although some movies (Some versions of Avatar have it) the supposed "Forced Subtitles" are actually "Burnt In" to the original video image.

Originally posted by SpartanParrothead View Post
    I'm ripping using the iPad3.h264.multichannel profile. I've been deselecting the subtitles but I noticed this also disabled the subtitles I would have wanted to see, like in Avatar when they are speaking the native language. How can I keep those without seeing them through the entire movie?
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Where do I find the "Forced Subtitles" option? I've been digging around in the menus and can't find it. I'm using 9.0.4.5.

Comment

Subtitle pulldown. It's at the bottom.
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

If it doesn't show on that menu does that mean it can't do forced subtitles for that particular disc?

Comment

You can also select "Always display only forced" in Settings->Conversion->Convert, top of the page. The disc may not have any, in which case you get nothing in the output.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, that's good to know.

Comment

Or the subs can be poorly authored and you have to inspect a rip to your HDD to see what the idiots have actually done wth something like "Subtitle Edit".

This also does not take into account some of the restrictive subtitle implementations on some iCrap devices where you will actually have to use the "Burn In" option.

Comment

Working...
                X