No announcement yet.

What format is most universal??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper What format is most universal??

I tried droid format for ripping but it would not play on my computer. What format would be best to use as an all-around .mp4? I use zumocast at work and like to enjoy my movies but also being on the road a lot I would like to have them on my droid to watch.

Suggestions?

I use MKV, H264 with AAC audio. which gives good quality, however a lot of Androids/Phones only have 32bit addressing, so keep the files less than 2Gb.

Comment

MP4 is a more universal phone format I think. DVDFab has profiles built in for many phones.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by boeingme View Post
        I tried droid format for ripping but it would not play on my computer. What format would be best to use as an all-around .mp4? I use zumocast at work and like to enjoy my movies but also being on the road a lot I would like to have them on my droid to watch.

Suggestions?
        My first thought is to try VLC on your PC it should be able to play just about anything you throw at it. I do most of my movie watching on my TV thru the Plex client on my Roku. The Plex Media Server is running on a Synology DS411slim. I created a profile for Roku (here) that also works very well on my Android phones and tablets, so one rip for many devices.

Comment

Working...
        X