A Good Day to Die Hard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper A Good Day to Die Hard

I have been trying to figure out how to get the forced subtitles to be displayed on this title.

I have tried so many different options, and none seem to produce the necessary subtitles during the first ~3 minutes of the movie where they are speaking Russian.

When I view the output of the DVD Copy in PowerDVD, the subtitles are there. However, when I go into settings, stream, and tell it to select the english subtitles, nothing displays.

When I go into 9.0.4.7, and select the title, and go into subtitles, I have tried the English track with forced subtitles, and nada. And unchecking forced subtitles, still nada.

Can someone give me the magic decoder ring settings to make the subtitles appear?

Thanks!

A good day to die hard

I did this movie with 8.2.2.6 easy. Just preview the movie and try selecting the different English audio sub streams until you get the correct one . Sorry can't remember which one it is.

Comment

Try English 2

Comment

Originally posted by beerman64 View Post
        Try English 2
        And don't select "forced subtitles only" or you'll get nothing, since track 2 only contains the bits of russian to english subtitles.

Comment

But which title? There are several that are 1:37:39, which is the correct length of the movie.

There are other titles that are 1:41:00 and change.... maybe a ruse?

Comment

Turn on PathPlayer, DVDFab should select the correct one.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The subs in the second English stream are forced. Still no need to use display only forced, since they are the only subs in that stream. Just include it (and not the top English stream) and all should be good.

Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post
              And don't select "forced subtitles only" or you'll get nothing, since track 2 only contains the bits of russian to english subtitles.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X