Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) MP4 Quickstart or Faststart option

Hello,

New user here. Love the product but I can't figure out how to configure the MP4 profile to move the index to the front of the file. I'm currently having to create my files in DVDFab then use XMedia Recode to remux for fast streaming.

Can't I tell DVDFab to create the MP4's this way to begin with? If so where do I configure this setting?

Thanks!

33 views and no replies? Does anyone know what I'm trying to ask here? Do I need to give more information?

Comment

Would you please give us more information about the Fast Start function?

Wilson
      Please post your logs the default location is:
      For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
      For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
      If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

What is your player or software that contains Fast Start? Or is this indeed a function of your player?
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Nope, not software or player specific.

It usually is required for web streaming and simplistically involves shifting all the metadata from the end of the file to the beginning of the file. It can also assist uPnP delivery of content, the whole idea being that the whole file does not have to be analysed before playback begins.

The "Pineapple" competitor has it and it is called "Web Optimised" and is used quite often in conjunction with the "Large File Size" parameter.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            Nope, not software or player specific.

It usually is required for web streaming and simplistically involves shifting all the metadata from the end of the file to the beginning of the file. It can also assist uPnP delivery of content, the whole idea being that the whole file does not have to be analysed before playback begins.

The "Pineapple" competitor has it and it is called "Web Optimised" and is used quite often in conjunction with the "Large File Size" parameter.
            This is correct Thank you GregiBoy. I use Plex to stream my movie collection to my Roku or phone and it has problems with the MP4's encoded with DVDFab. I've been having to use Xmedia Recode to remux the file with the FastStreaming option turned on in order to "fix" the files.

Comment

Is there any change this could be added to a future update? I just bought the DVDFab All In One Lifetime package I have my fingers crossed.

Comment

I have learned never to say never. Many, many requests in the Feature Request sub-forum have found their way into the product. Put this idea in a post there.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
                X