X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Subtitles

Hi
    Can anybody help !
    I am using DVDfab DVD Ripper to convert DVd to MP4 for my nexus.
    The converted MP4's play perfectly and look sharp but I have come across one small issue in that they dont show subtitles.
    For example
    In Breaking Bad TV series there are some scenes which are in spanish, but threre no english subtitles shown, as on the DVD.
    I have left the .sub and .idx files intact but there doesnt seem to be an option on the nexus media player to turn them on.
    Any help would be appreciated as the converted videos look pretty good
    Regards
    Bobt47
    DVDfab 7.0.4.0 - Imgburn 2.5.0.0 - PowerDVD8 Player
    Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
    Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

MP4 is an all or none deal with subtitles Bob, you can have them all the time, burned into the video stream, or none at all, you can't turn them on and off. Will your device play MKV files?
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

If the subs for the Spanish dialog are forced subs, you can use that control to have only them.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

AFIK MP4 supports embedded SRTs.

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
        MultiShrink
        : DVD Shrink batch processing
        Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Subtitles

Thanks for the replies Guys

90312 - Yes I just found the option in DVDfab conversion settings to direct render to video but this just puts all the dialogue into subtitles not just the spanish. I Dont think the Nexus 7 will support MKV files but I may be able to find another video player app that does !

Signals - Please can you explain a little more about forced subs and the control !

CHETWOOD - Does DVDfab create AFIK MP4 that support embedded SRTs, Is there something I need to select before ripping ?

Thanks again
          Bobt47
          Core i7 920 - 6Gb RAM - GTX295 Graphics - LG BH10LS30 Bluray Writer ( latest firmware).
          Method - Rip full movie to ISO - Open ISO and rip main movie to 25GB - Remove unneeded foreign soundtracks - Burn. at 2X on 4x Traxdata Bluray Discs.

Comment

Subtitles

Hello Again
            SUCCESS !
            Thank you all for your help !
            If I tick the box
            display only forced subpicture
            AND
            direct render to video ( In conversion settings - Subpicture )
            The playback only shows the spanish subtitles
            Thank You
            Bobt47

Comment

Glad to hear it.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
              X