Two Problems Since Upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Two Problems Since Upgrade

The first problem is, when I RIP a Blu-Ray movie, it now keeps RIPPING the commentary by default. I don't know how to change this.

The second issue is, when I select specific chapters to RIP, then do a preview, it plays the entire movie, and not the selected beginning and ending selected chapters. This is important to me, cause I have a lot of public domain DVD's with a lot of ads at the end, I can't get rid of them, because I can't tell when they start in the DVD.

Thanks..........

I am having the exact same issue. I cant seem to get rid of unwanted subtitles. I'm trying to rip my copy of Epic and no matter what I do I have subtitles.

HELP!!

Comment

Audio Tracks

I've seen this problem and it was mentioned in another thread here. Since a particular version update the DVDFab ripper seems to want to automatically select the EN AC-3/2 audio track which seems to be more often than not the commentary track. I work around this by double checking which audio track is being selected and look for the EN AC-3/5.1 and manually select that which generally is the actual audio track.

http://forum.dvdfab.com/showthread.p...ht=Norm%40Home

- Norm

Comment

To select the audio stream I'll include a screen shot. I changed the audio from DTS to AC3 and moved the adjacent arrow head symbol, it indicates the default audio when playing the file. See attached:
        Attached Files
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

If you don't want any subtitles at all see attached and select none:
          Attached Files

Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
            If you don't want any subtitles at all see attached and select none:
            Thanks but what about trying to preview a specific track selection. It want's to view/rip the entire video.

Comment

I've noticed that too, you can't preview individual chapters in ripper. If you have the DVD Copy module you can preview the chapters individually and ripper will make the file with only the chapters you specify. I think it must be a bug in ripper's preview.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you. I hope they fix this soon. It would make it so much easier for me to this in ripper.

Comment

I have reproduced this in v9.0.6.7 for both DVD and BD Ripper and will report it when the office opens later.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by enkidu12 View Post
                    I am having the exact same issue. I cant seem to get rid of unwanted subtitles. I'm trying to rip my copy of Epic and no matter what I do I have subtitles.

HELP!!
                    In regards to "unwanted subtitles", before you ripp (if you're using 9.0.6.x) you can click on the subtitle options and select "None" and you won't get any subtitles. But even if you have subtitles and you don't want to see them when you're playing a video usually most software players have an option to turn off subtitles. For instance I use Media Player Classic and if I don't want subtitles (which is most of the time) I go to Play / Subtitles and uncheck enable and then the player doesn't show any subtitles.

- Norm

Comment

Thanks for the info. I was getting subtitles in every movie I was trying. I'm actually playing my ripped video through 3rd gen Apple Tv which I believe doesn't have an option to remove subtitles. I'd rather not have them to begin with. Also, what about movies that are supposed to have subtitles in certain scenes but are missing them? For instance, Its a Good Day to Die Hard most of the opening of the movie is in Russian. No I've been using the latest version of DVD Fab but I cant seem to get the subtitles that are supposed to be there. The same is true for many other movies I've ripped. Why don't the subtitles for movies which are supposed to have them not rip?

Comment

I've noticed that too, you can't preview individual chapters in ripper. If you have the DVD Copy module you can preview the chapters individually and ripper will make the file with only the chapters you specify. I think it must be a bug in ripper's preview.
                        Sorry dude, I tried it out with DVD/Blu-ray copy and I still get the same problem. Can DVDFab correct this in their next build?

Comment

Yes it does. If you didn't understand or don't know how just say so and I'll help you.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Yes it does. If you didn't understand or don't know how just say so and I'll help you.
                            Please show me screenshots, because from what I can see, it doesn't work.

Comment

There are no real screenshots, just open the disc or image with the DVD copy module and preview the chapters and note the ones you want then close the copy module open ripper and specify the chapters you want. It's not optimal for sure but a way to see what you are going to get from the ripper module.

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X