No announcement yet.

beta 9.0.6.8 slower that V8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) beta 9.0.6.8 slower that V8?

I'm confused about a few things trying to use V9. First I cannot get it to save to: in the right place on my server. It creates a folder named video instead of the movies name. I don't remember having this problem used V9 in the past.

I know when I tried Blu-ray copy it started creating a folder named video also, so maybe that is when it started. Anyway, I have the output saved to Z:/movies/ and V8 works fine. It puts the movie name there. But V9 creates a video folder and put it outside the movie directory. If I use Z:movies/mkv it will go into the right place but its still named video.

So, I'm tried of looking of messing with it and wondering if someone knows what I am over looking, or is V9 just messed up.

Also, while playing with that I discovered that V9 rips to MKV passthrough much slower that V8. I had thought recently it was taking longer. I only started using V9 because wondering if the ripper would work more often than V8.

Using the Blu-ray movie Dark city I see V9 starting off fast but slowing back down to about 11MB. V8 don't do that and copies twice as fast. Around 17 minutes verses about 28 for V9. I tried it over and over. But at least V9 isn't falling all the way down in speed like both versions will do on a lot of movies.

Originally posted by robert l View Post
    So, just wondering how to get the output in the right place and also why V9 is so slow.
    Change the Output
    If you just want the video and do not want V9 creat the folders for you, just go-common settings - general - Settings(output)
    Uncheck the "Creat the files in subfolders of output directory"
    Attached Files
    I'm not a genius, but to make every effort to do it.
    Edison

Comment

Well, I did that but it does away with folders and that won't work. Media browser only wants folders.

It appears V9 creates two subfolders, one named video and the other the movie title. So I had to rename the target on the server. I believe that works but not sure what the point was of changing it from V8.

Comment

V8 did that also unless you told it not to. You can change it in Common Settings of either one as Edison said. I have not noticed that v9 is slow in Ripper.

You can set the output folder structure for the Ripper module to write the output to the root directory if that is what you need by clicking on the folder icon near the bottom of the window. DVDFab will remember it. It does not normally make two folders, not sure how you have it set up.

I just reviewed every post you have ever made on this forum. You seem to have a pattern that things that work for everyone else don't work for you. You even posted that v8 was too slow! I do not know if you are just a forum troll or what, but for now all of your posts will be reviewed by a moderator before they appear in the forum. Gather your thoughts before posting and present facts to clarify the problem you are having, i.e. don't just say it is slow, say how many fps or MB/s it is now vs. what it was before and post the internal logs if necessary or requested by the staff.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

You can review all my posts and monitor them forever! I purchased lifetime of Blu-ray copy and ripper a long time ago, so no idea why I'd be a troll. I see plenty of people with problems on these forums. More than one has said they see the same problems I have in the past.

DTS-MA Bitstream wouldn't work on the ripper program making MKV for who knows how long and the only way I ever got anywhere was to PM Ting. All the posts were ignored on the subject.

So, when I buy something I would like for it to work. I don't know what you read about my pass complains regarding V8 but I put logs up all the time. What I said was, it starts off fast and slows down to nothing on a lot of movies. I've never found a fix for it and I have build three different systems so I don't see how it can be totally at my end.

I guess I'm not suppose to say it don't work a lot of the time and just be quiet. When it does work though its faster than any other program I've ever tried making MKV. That's all I do with it, just pass through and saving to a server. I don't use any other features.

I clearly said that V9 was slower than V8 on dark city. It is, about 10 minutes slower. But could be its just that movie and a accident I even saw it. Also I haven't had time to compare any other disc's but they always vary anyway. I was trying to see why V9 was creating a folder named video no matter what I picked for the output. V8 didn't do that and was setup the same.

But I renamed where its copied to video and now it appears to work.

So, if you don't like my posts that is fine. But if I didn't want to use the software, then I wouldn't ask if anyone knew what the problem was when I have one. The slowdown problem is constant and varies widely, so sometimes I bring it back up.

Blu-ray copy appears to pretty much always work, but I rather just convert straight to MKV.

Comment

Working...
          X