Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper Subtitle problem

Hello,

I have noticed an error with the subtitles one a movie that I had ripped using the DVD Ripper program. The problem is that several lines/scripts quickly appear instead of the next line/script for about a split second throughout the movie, and it is a bit irritating.

Here is an example,

This was taken at the 01:22 mark of the movie.

While three seconds later, the same line/script appears,

Before a split second later, the next line/script appears.

This happens many times throughout the movie. My version is 9122. I have tried to rip it again, but no luck. Sorry if this isn't allowed, but here is a link to where I got it from Is there a way to fix this? I would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time.

Sorry, I must've forgotten to post the link to the DVD of the movie,

Sorry, I couldn't edit the post.

Comment

Please open Fab click the option top right > click open log folder and copy and past your internal log.
      I will try to reproduce this issue. Thanks your support.
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

If it's an import of questionable quality (and pretty much any DVD you buy off E-bay is of "questionable" quality), the problem might be in the DVD itself. You could always try turning off the DVD's subtitles entirely in the DVDFab Dvd ripper and tell it to use an external file instead. You can download DVDFab-compatible subtitle files for most movies on the internet (including Godzilla 2000).

Google is your friend. So are "Subscene" and "openSubtitles". I prefer the former, but one of the moderators here has previously recommended the latter. I presume it doesn't break the rules to mention them here, since one of the staff already did so. If it is, I suppose one of the mods will just edit this part out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
          Please open Fab click the option top right > click open log folder and copy and past your internal log.
          I will try to reproduce this issue. Thanks your support.
          All right, but should I post it here? Or sent it to you via Private note?

Also, would other dvd's ripped other than the movie discussed be metioned in the log? Just so we can avoid confusion.

Comment

Hi ! I think that´s a bug in the current version. I posted this issue in the German Forum on 6.01.2014. My Version was 9.1.1.9. This Version has the same problem, also the next Beta and 9.1.2.2. I hope the next version will work better on DVD Ripper with "burned in" subtitles. An older version (9.0.4.7) works well.

Comment

Originally posted by FMAChet View Post
              All right, but should I post it here? Or sent it to you via Private note?

Also, would other dvd's ripped other than the movie discussed be metioned in the log? Just so we can avoid confusion.
              Just post here is ok. There is a button manage Attachment under the reply in additional Options.
              I want to reproduce the issue, maybe the log can provied some info.
              Thanks all of your feedback.
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

I note this is an "ebay studios" disc, which means it may not be professionally authored, i.e. made in someone's basement. Are the subs correctly timed when played on a DVD standalone player?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by Dora View Post
                  Just post here is ok. There is a button manage Attachment under the reply in additional Options.
                  I want to reproduce the issue, maybe the log can provied some info.
                  Thanks all of your feedback.
                  Okay, I added the internal log, but I wasn't sure which one would need to look at.

The movie file was created on the 7th of January.

Sorry for the late reply.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    I note this is an "ebay studios" disc, which means it may not be professionally authored, i.e. made in someone's basement. Are the subs correctly timed when played on a DVD standalone player?
                    From where I remember, I had no problem with the subtitles while playing it on my PS3.

Has there been an update on the situation since I posted the log to you Dora?

Comment

Working...
                    X