Web optimizes containers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Web optimizes containers

I am using plex media server to display my rips on multiple devices. A new release on plex was pushed and all of the movies I ripped with dvdfab will not play. While I admit, this sounds like an issue for plex, they are claiming it's because the files ripped by dvdfab are not web optimized. Would someone be able to tell me if dvdfab does web optimize the containers?

On a side note, plex has stated they are working on a fix, but I am worried this may become an issue in the future.

My advice is get a different player in the interim, you don't want web optimized videos for big screen viewing.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
      My advice is get a different player in the interim, you don't want web optimized videos for big screen viewing.
      Maybe this followup discussion doesn't belong here, so forgive the forum foul. Why wouldn't you want the optimization for big screen viewing?

Comment

Web optimization makes tradeoffs in the video quality which would normally not be desireable (or tolerated) for watching on an HD display.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Nah, you are all on the wrong track. It has absolutely nothing to do with quality.

"Web Optimisation" puts all the file playback info at the start of the file instead of at the end.

This allows the file to be played back as soon as that info is downloaded instead of having to wait until the whole file is completely downloaded.

This is very pertinent in a streaming scenario.
          "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
            "Web Optimisation" puts all the file playback info at the start of the file instead of at the end.
            Like in MKVs, right?

MultiMakeMKV: MakeMKV batch processing (Win)
            MultiShrink
            : DVD Shrink batch processing
            Offizieller Ãœbersetzer von DVD Shrink deutsch

Comment

Ok. So does dvdfab optimize their files?

Comment

Working...
              X