This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD to Mobile stops after starting

I've looked through the threads but didn't find anything on this so I'm posting.

I'v been having a lot of trouble lately converting to mobile files. Several DVDs have started normally, but quickly hangs at around 0.16% to 0.21% converting. A 4-15 MB files is created that plays. It starts like it should (i.e. th beginning of the movie) but he video quickly stops (like it's paused) and the sound plays for 2-3 minutes and then ends.

Latest attempts that failed were Star Wars Clone Wars and G-Force.

SOURCE FILE TYPE: VOB
    SOURCE VIDEO TYPE: MPEG2
    SOURCE VIDEO RESOLUTION: ??
    SOURCE AUDIO TYPE: AC3
    DVDFab VERSION: 6.2.1.6 Beta
    DVDFab PROFILE: generic.avi.xvid.audiocopy
    OUTPUT RESOLUTION: Same as source
    OUTPUT CROP: Auto
    OUTPUT BITRATE: 1026
    OUTPUT PASSES: 1

From the internal log:

DVDFab 6.2.1.6 (2010/01/04 16:43:38)

0m 00.51s: option dvd2dvd 1 dvd2mobile 1 bluray2bluray 1 file2mobile 0 filemover 1
    0m 03.52s: detected dvd
    0m 03.54s: drive E
    0m 03.55s: video dvd 1
    0m 03.55s: volume label STAR_WARS_CLONE_WARS_BOX_SET
    0m 03.68s: got copyright 1 f0
    0m 04.07s: got udf/iso
    0m 04.29s: got discinfo
    0m 13.82s: got dvdinfo

Computer: Intel Core Core i7 920 2.67 GHz, Win 7 64 bit, 6MB Ram
    No recent changes, other DVDs work fine.

Are they music dvd's?

Also, read my "Best Practice: DVD to Mobile" thread (Link below)
    "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

I've read the best practice thread as well as followed every piece of advice I can find in the forums.

They are not music DVDs.

Comment

OK, can you confirm the following:-

You have ripped the DVD's to Hard disk without any problem
        That the hard disk rip plays OK in a softplayer on your computer.
        That you are choosing the Dolby Digital soundtrack, not anything else
        Is this happening with all DVD's or just these two?
        "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Originally posted by GregiBoy View Post
          OK, can you confirm the following:-

You have ripped the DVD's to Hard disk without any problem
          That the hard disk rip plays OK in a softplayer on your computer.
          That you are choosing the Dolby Digital soundtrack, not anything else
          Is this happening with all DVD's or just these two?
          Ripped with mo problem. Hard disk rip plays perfectly. And yes to Dolby digital sound track and nothing else.

Most DVDs have not had this happen and have no trouble with. So far those two and now Marley and Me.

Comment

ForumWorm
            Your posts have been moved to their own thread.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Seems like the problem is linked to making changes to the title before ripping. If I open DVDFab and leave it to the default naming convention used by the program I've been able to convert some that didn't work before, but if I make a change to the title, it stops shortly after starting.

Comment

Make sure that you are not using illegal characters like ":/" etc.

Comment

Mobile conversion does not start

Hi,

I have a similar issue. The trial SW worked great so I bought it; now I have a license and the troubles start

I cannot directly convert DVD's to Mobile (Ipod format) anymore. Only small trailer parts of a DVD are converted. Main movies do not convert.
                  Copying the DVD first to hard disk does not help ...

The issue is not DVD-specific; it happens with all the ones I tested (+- 5)

I reinstalled the SW completely and use now the latest Beta version ... but still no solution.

Any suggestions welcome !

Comment

As a new member with only one post, welcome to this forum.

You may have not yet read the "Forum Rules". Please take the time to do so and ensure that you comply with them.

Also ensure that you use common courtesy whilst on this forum and that means not hijacking someone else's thread.

Your post doesn't have enough meaningful information for us to be able to assist you. Please take the time to read the "Help Us Help You" threads which are linked in my signature below and come back and provide the required information.

Comment

Mobile conversion does not start; more data

Thanks for the suggestions and sorry for "breaking in" ...

I have attached the "dvdfab_internal.log" which was generated after I needed to interrupt the DVD to Mobile conversion.

I also added the DVD info, generated via the settings tab. (DVD scan.txt)

Computer: PC XP SP3
                      DVDFab version 6.2.2.0 (beta)
                      Conversion settings: default Ipod Touch

Comment

Working...
                      X