rip stops at 50%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) rip stops at 50%

Have noticed that many of my BD rips, done with 2-pass encoding, stall at 50% done (done the first pass, starting the second pass), and never resume (even hours later).

I see this in v9 (latest as of this date), not in v8.

In most cases, I just switch to single-pass encoding for that movie, but I'd really like to get the better-quality rip on all my disks.

Anyone else seeing this? Ideas?

not me. all my rips are 2-pass

Comment

Rogue
      This is a classic symptom of overheating in your PC. Ripper, especially Blu-ray Ripper, is very demanding of system resources. Check your fans and cooling ports for good airflow. Try reducing the load by unchecking "Enable Turbo CPU" in DVDFab Settings->Conversion->Convert. This may increase processing time.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Thanks, I'll give that a go.

I suspect it may not be the problem, because 2-pass rips never fail in v8 for me, unless v9 generates more heat than v8 for some reason?

Comment

Working...
        X