Thor the Dark World Forced Subtitles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Thor the Dark World Forced Subtitles

I've tried everything I know to rip Thor The Dark World so that it will show forced subtitles (English) especially when the dark elf talks in his native language (Chapter 6). I have "Display only forced subtitles" turned on, I've tried it with only the first English subtitle chosen, only the second English subtitle chosen, and the same with only the third English subtitle chosen. I even tried it with only the first and second chosen, the second and third chosen, and all three chosen. Still no forced subtitle for this forced subtitle. Works perfectly when playing the Blu-ray. Any help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files

I have noticed the font for the "elvish" translations looks odd, sort of like the Navi translations in Avatar, may be the same sort of issue. The QA Team will check it for us on Monday.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

The translations are in the third (bottom) English sub stream by themselves. I am trying several combinations of settings to get them to render into the video and they will not so far.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi Maiisoh
        Please try using the latest version of Fab, also the internal log for this movie, the log you posted is for The Time Machine...
        CBR929
        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

The translation subs don't appear, but the devs have the disc now and will get it sorted quickly.

Comment

I tried to play the 2d & 3d source "Thor the Dark World" on PowerDVD and TMT, the subtitle does not show after turn off the subtitle. Maybe the subtitle is not the forced subtitle just in the subtitle stream of itself.

Wilson
            Please post your logs the default location is:
            For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
            For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
            Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
            If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

This is my suspicion also, but it still should render to video in Ripper; it shows in the Fab Preview window when the stream is selected but does not render to video regardless of the setting of Display Only Forced.

Comment

Same problem here

I ended up creating them manually by:
                1. Finding a copy that somebody else had create on opensubtitles.org, sadly this was out of sync with my rip so I used it as template
                2. Extract the full english subtitles then edit them to leave only the the Elvish bits

If anybody wants the srt file, PM me.

Comment

Summary: The subs in this title are not forced, so if you select Display Only Forced, nothing will appear. Select the third (lowest) English subs stream in Ripper, but do NOT select Only Forced. You must also de-select Only Forced if you have it selected in DVDFab Settings (Settings->Conversion->Convert, top box). The above applies to the Region A?US version of the disc, yours may not be identically authored.

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                    Summary: The subs in this title are not forced, so if you select Display Only Forced, nothing will appear. Select the third (lowest) English subs stream in Ripper, but do NOT select Only Forced. You must also de-select Only Forced if you have it selected in DVDFab Settings (Settings->Conversion->Convert, top box). The above applies to the Region A?US version of the disc, yours may not be identically authored.
                    Thanks Signals. I will give it a try tonight. Sorry about the wrong log file. Didn't realize that I had an old log file there.

Comment

Please share your results. I have attached a capture of some of the translation subs from a test MP4 I made.

Be aware also that investigating this issue turned up a bug in BD Ripper that in some cases will cause subs not to render correctly if only a single chapter or range of chapters is selected. Not a problem if you do not change from the default of all chapters included. This will be fixed and some other features added in the future to make dealing with subs a little more predictable.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just ripped it. The alien subtitles came through perfectly. Thanks for your help in resolving this.

Comment

Glad to hear it, thanks for letting everyone know.

Comment

Hello, thanks for the instructions on turning off the forced subtitles only. Had been driving me mad!

Just a note, I have the UK release that has the 3D and standard versions included (BUY0215701). On trying to rip the standard 2d version DVDFab seems to select a stream or source (not sure if that is the correct term) that starts with someone saying 'left rear, left surround' before proceeding as normal. Under the chapter column it says 18. Think it is Title 800. I found that if I selected a different source lower down (Title 804), this wasn't there.

Also on the subtitles here there are only 2 listed English of which as you say the lower seems to be the one with the Dark Elves speech in.

With this set up I still get the Dark Elf speech subtitled as far in as the scene where the Kursed is created that goes to Asgard (33 min in). Not sure if there is any more after this.

Comment

Originally posted by Quige View Post

With this set up I still get the Dark Elf speech subtitled as far in as the scene where the Kursed is created that goes to Asgard (33 min in). Not sure if there is any more after this.
                              There are additional Elvish subtitles around 53, 68, and 75 minutes...

00:53:07,018 --> 00:53:11,022
                              Heal. You will need your strength to reclaim the Aether.

00:53:11,522 --> 00:53:15,109
                              And when you wake, we will kill them all.

01:08:21,056 --> 01:08:24,393
                              We must strike now.

01:08:25,435 --> 01:08:26,436
                              No.

01:08:28,063 --> 01:08:33,694
                              Asgard is meaningless.

01:08:37,906 --> 01:08:39,825
                              The Aether has found its way home.

01:15:05,502 --> 01:15:07,754
                              He is an enemy of Asgard.

01:15:07,837 --> 01:15:10,590
                              He was a prisoner in their dungeons.