No announcement yet.

Small audio-hickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dying dove:I gave you the blu ray instructions as that's all I have so as to serve as a general guide I never use dvds and should have told you so my bad.

The tsmuxer does all formats below says so in the program itself. You need to get directions from someone else for dvd's as their different.Their own forum is the best place.I think all you need to do is put each file in one at a time with a dvd but I don't have any here to test it.

This is a fairly easy program to use once you get the hang of it.You also have Dora to fall back on as she asked for the log maybe she can provide a fix from the developers so we don't have to use other programs like this to take out copy protections as that what we all pay Fab to do.

Network Optix tsMuxeR – the software utility to create TS and M2TS files for IP broadcasting as well as for viewing at hardware video players (i.e., Dune HD Ultra, Sony Playstation3, Samsung Smart TV and others).
    Network Optix tsMuxeR is a freeware.
    Supported incoming formats:

TS; This is dvd format if you don't know so select it in the muxer output for dvds.

M2TS;
    SIFF;
    MOV;
    MP4;
    MKV;
    Blu-ray;
    Demux option.
    Supported videocodecs:
    H.264/MVC
    Microsoft VC-1;
    MPEG-2.
    Supported audiocodecs:
    AAC;
    AC3 / E-AC3(DD+);
    Dolby True HD (for streams with AC3 core only);
    DTS/ DTS-HD;

Comment

I have tried like you set and did a job(used dvd cars1). It seems play well on vlc and player2.
      Which player did you use?
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

@90312: I was already ripping the audio to AC3.
        @Dora: I tried playback with Media Player Classic and PS3 via Plex.

When I have some more time I'll further dive into that tsMuxer thing..

Comment

Not according to your log: 7m 29.06s: info: stream output Audio(128)[codec(aac) channels(6) sample(48000) bitrate(448000) bitdepth(16)]
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

AC3 audio output is not an option using the PS3 profile you'll have to use the MP4 profile and select it. The PS3 will play ac3 audio, at least mine does anyway. I use ac3 to get away from A/V sync issues with AAC audio as well.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I normally rip to XVID. I did try to rip to some other formats like MP4 which is where that log comes from. I can also post a log from XVID if that helps.
              I'm not using any of the built-in profiles, just manually select XVID and select Video Quality to High (2-pass), but I tried different qualities and all result in the same hickups.

Comment

I want to bump this thread.
                After months of non-activity, I wanted to pick this up again since my kids now both have an iPad and have been asking to be able to play their DVDs on the iPads.
                Well, the problem is still there. Just about every of their premium animation DVDs has this problem, still. Currently trying with Shrek 1.

There's a few things that are certainly very weird:
                * It happens with every DVD reader I try it with. Original problem was with both the DVD-Reader and DVD-writer in my desktop PC. I now have bought a Surface Pro 3 and am getting the same problem with an external USB-powered Samsung DVD drive. The hickups are also always at the same spot.
                * Even weirder: I can perfectly copy the DVD and the DVD copy does NOT have the hickups. But wait: when I then rip the copy, I'm still getting the same hickups ! Even weirder: when I copy the entire DVD, resulting in all content having to be compressed to fit on DVD5, it STILL hicks up at the exact same spots when ripping !

This is really driving me crazy, since I hoped that a new DVDFab 7 months later, as well as new hardware, surely would have made the problem go away.

Comment

This, and the fact that no one else has mentioned it, should tell you that the problem is in your settings or hardware, not in DVDFab. If you have iPads or other Apple hardware, use the profiles that are designed specifically for them which are included with DVDFab. If you are still experiencing this, post the DVDFab internal log session from one of your conversions, directions for this are in my sig below.
                  Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                  Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It's definitely not in the hardware, since I have tried the ripping on multiple computers and multiple drives. It also has nothing to do with the playback hardware since the hickups are clearly in the AVIs that are generated since it's on all playback mediums.
                    I will try again the things I mentioned back last year when I opened this thread, but as you can see also then, I had the problem with any ripping profile as well as with the couple of suggestions that were already made.

BTW, these are all PAL DVDs, although it's highly unlikely I'm the only one outside the NTSC region .

Comment

Ok, so I did a very straightforward rip of Shrek using the iPad 4 profile in DVDFab. Note that this is on my new Surface Pro with DVDFab having installed with all default settings and none of which I have changed manually.

To rip, I just clicked the Ripper tab, then clicked the Output icon and went into Device and chose iPad 4. Then I selected the first title (seems like this DVD has multi-angle support for Shrek) and left the Audio and Subs unchanged to English (normally I select Dutch).

Hit Start... and a few minutes later I have an m4v, and yes, also that one has the hickup at 0:00:22 just like all my previous rips.

The corresponding internal log in attach.
                      Attached Files

Comment

I use a video player on my iPad that plays mkv files with the AC-3 audio stream and don't see the problems I did converting to AAC. Take a look at this one, it even plays the DTS stream: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/infu...577130046?mt=8

Albert Einstein

Comment

BTW, already mentioned earlier in this thread, but still important to repeat. This problem is really dependent on the DVDs. E.g. I have a few dozen DVDs from a local publisher (Studio 100, very well known in the Dutch speaking region) and all those DVDs have ripped flawlessly.

Comment

I am thinking again that glenss back in April had it right: that it's some Disney copy protection causing this.
                            If I look at what DVDs that are having the problem, and which ones are not having the problem (e.g. Lego Movie), all the problem cases are somehow related to Disney. E.g. Shrek is a Dreamworks release but Dreamworks films are apparently distributed by Disney (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DreamWorks).

When I google around, I read about many problems with a lot of ripping software with Disney DVDs. I don't know how DVDFab works around it, but is it maybe possible that DVDFab uses some per-disk knowledge to work around the protection, and that my copies (Dutch locale) are different and thus DVDFab is not properly working around the protection ?

Not sure if it helps, but in attach is the Source information as reported/exported by DVDFab.
                            Attached Files

Comment

So is there any more feedback I can get on this ? Is it a matter of those (localized) Disney DVDs currently not being supported by DVDFab ? And if so, is there any way you guys can support it (if necessary with my help) ?

Comment

Please try to playback on VLC and see the result.

Wilson
                                Please post your logs the default location is:
                                For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                                For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                                Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                                If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X