No announcement yet.

ultra slow ripping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I meant wear and tear on the blu ray drive not the disks and do you check all your disks to see if they play as the newer copy protections are tricky as i said sometimes they expand from 20 gigs to 130 gigs when you convert some of the newer disks.

Sometimes Fab will pick the wrong title to convert because they put 80 titles on the disk with the same run time and one with a second longer Fab will pick the longer wrong file and you won't know what file to convert unless you play it first on a player that tells you what title it's playing. Sometimes that file it's playing is not in the list of 80 files on the disk.Very tricky their getting good at fooling copying programs.

I don't know anyone that converts disks full time for months why didn't you buy a power computer to start their's 12 core machines i seen logs of here on Fab.Is this your collection of every movie made or what? maybe some kind of end of times collection but we will have movies.

Comment

Lol, have a look here to get an idea

As for wear & tear on the drive, I had 3 drives split over 1500 discs. If 500 reads wears/tears a drive that much, then we are... F..d ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
        Yes, I'm using an ISO file that already saved on the HDD of PC.

@kacos, if you try the ISO file, the conversion speed of IQS shrink should be also around 200 fps.

The conversion speed is affected by the read speed of driver.

And seems like CUDA with GT750 works for you after back to driver 335.23?

Wilson
        How do you figure that, since the fps are the same as when I tried the intel 'card' only?
        Can you please try a similar config as mine and post your results?

And why did fab crash just with cuda on??

Comment

Quote:
          Any way to combine the intel and cuda gpus to get even better results? If you could do that, it would be super :-D
          You have a good PC, to use IQS and CUDA together, just connect the HD 4600 and GT750 to same monitor.
          Need to clear the question, DVDFab could detect IQS and CUDA GPU that you can change GPU in Common Settings, but not use both GPU at same time when converting.

And why did fab crash just with cuda on??
          Our developer is checking the issue.

Wilson
          Please post your logs the default location is:
          For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
          For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
          Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
          If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

I did A test for you did Black Rock blu ray disk from disk on same model blu ray drive as yours with newest firmware using quick sync from disk to hard drive like you were doing.

Black Rock is a 1h& 23 min blu ray using what you did MP4 audio copy and hi quality so now the bit rate is same as yours. FPS avg is 205 done in 9 mins. 25 seconds screen shot to prove it.#272 screen shot #274 done in 10 mins 26 seconds from disk to hard drive as a ISO really about the same time a min more to make the iso that's fast.

Now your processor is faster than mine so you should be faster than that though I use the highest speed memory 1700 for my I7.

Nice collection but you don't have the best sci fi movie of all time in your collection not for special effects for story line it's called the lathe of heaven now a collectors item http://www.amazon.com/The-Lathe-Heav...athe+of+heaven.

It's a old made for PBS movie no sci fi collection should be without.Is your data base searchable and why 2-3 of the same movie?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by glenns; 06-11-2014, 05:47 AM.

Comment

Need to clear the question, DVDFab could detect IQS and CUDA GPU that you can change GPU in Common Settings, but not use both GPU at same time when converting.
              Aaa now we are getting somewhere.
              That's not good though

Originally posted by glenns View Post
              I did A test for you did Black Rock blu ray disk from disk on same model blu ray drive as yours with newest firmware using quick sync from disk to hard drive like you were doing.

Black Rock is a 1h& 23 min blu ray using what you did MP4 audio copy and hi quality so now the bit rate is same as yours. FPS avg is 205 done in 9 mins. 25 seconds screen shot to prove it.#272 screen shot #274 done in 10 mins 26 seconds from disk to hard drive as a ISO really about the same time a min more to make the iso that's fast.
              272fps is almost double I am getting, so this is even weirder ...

Now your processor is faster than mine so you should be faster than that though I use the highest speed memory 1700 for my I7.
              i7 is faster, memory is more and @2133 and I rip to an ssd .. so why do I get slower speeds?

..It's a old made for PBS movie no sci fi collection should be without.Is your data base searchable and why 2-3 of the same movie?
              I'll check it out - thanks
              I have a few doubles (some are Laserdiscs) and some are combo boxes with BD&DVD. And these are only a part of the collection.

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by glenns View Post

272fps is almost double I am getting, so this is even weirder ...

That's screen shot #272 not FPS the FPS were about 190- 205 avg.

I will give Wilson a chance to answer why your speed is much slower than mine with quick sync even though your processor is faster than mine and your memory much greater than my 8 gigs.Should he not answer or find the reason I will defer this case to the worlds greatest detective.
                Last edited by glenns; 06-11-2014, 05:23 PM.

Comment

...Should he not answer or find the reason I will defer this case to the worlds greatest detective.
                  lol

Comment

'My name is Sherlock Holmes. It is my business to know what other people don't know.

Glenns:Mr holmes we seem to have a problem here why does a faster processor with more memory not have higher FPS converting than a slower I7 processor with less memory?

Holmes:It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.'
                    Lets take amount of memory if the computer with 8 gigs doesn't use but 4 gigs then having a second computer with the same work load having 16 gigs but doesn't use but 4 gigs both computers will then have the same speed if processors and all else is the same so more memory in this case does nothing to increase computer speed.

Glenns:Then what about my I7 processor seems like the FPS is faster trans-coding than his faster I7 processor?

Holmes:Only If all the program's running in the computers background are the same including the security program and many other small programs that run in the background and both computers registry's be cleared of any mistakes by running programs such as cc cleaner to clean all the junk files and the registry's both being in cleaned condition prior to any testing can one processor be fairly put up against another.

Also the windows versions are different Glenn is using windows 7 home were as the other is using windows 8.1 professional+ so their are many things here that can effect processor power and conversion speed.This apply's to both the cuda cards and quick sync testing.Remember the newest quick sync driver that doesn't work with fab had 34 or so fixes for windows 8.1 also meaning the current driver is full of 8.1 bugs.

Glenns:And what of the cuda card crashing?

Holmes:'You know my method. It is founded upon the observation of trifles.In this case I believe the Fab developers have more work to do on this driver and also need to work on the current driver to keep up with the times.

Glenns:It seems Quick sync is faster than 2 cuda cards that have more computing power what gives here.

Holmes:How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?'
                    Please see this link for your processor up against a very fast top of the line cuda card in speed and video tests and see.

Glenns:Thank you Mr holmes.
                    Holmes:'I cannot live without brain-work. What else is there to live for?'
                    Last edited by glenns; 06-12-2014, 04:39 AM.

Comment

Testing i7-3770 (HD4000) on 2 different PCs but get different result.

PC1:

CPU: i7-3770 HD 4000 with driver 3496
                      Disc: Blu-ray Thor US version
                      Profile: mp4.h264.audiocopy
                      Conversion speed: 110 FPS
                      Screenshot: PC1.JPG

PC2:

CPU: i7-3770 HD 4000 with driver 3496
                      Disc: Blu-ray Thor US version
                      Profile: mp4.h264.audiocopy
                      Conversion speed: 45 FPS
                      Screenshot: PC2.JPG

But the conversion speed is almost same if converting from the ISO source on HDD. See"ISO.jpg"

I suppose that the conversion speed is affected by other HardWare environment or system.

@kacos, maybe you could try to converting from ISO file and see the result with IQS lightning-shrink.

And for the CUDA crash issue, would you please try to take out your GT630 (not disable the device in system) and then converting again?

Wilson
                      Attached Files
                      Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Wilson I am testing with same processor,driver,mp4 264 audio copy,and movie and find results like your second computer but the FPS goes up after time slowly started with my test like yours about 49 FPS but you stopped the test please convert the whole movie as in time my FPS went up to 107 plus at 80 percent done.

The faster computer may have started out fast and slowed down later your screen shot showed 44 percent done.Total time should be the test if FPS go's up and down so much in the total conversion process.Now at 90 percent done and FPS going down 90FPS and falling will post screen shot when done.This is rip from disk to hard drive.29 mins 54 secs. convert time.

I used the 3d disk but used title 800 like you that's the 2d version.
                        Also tested with internal blu ray drive and external 3.0 USB drive (same brand and model of drive same newest firmware on both drives) exact same results Fab started slow then speed up at the end slowed down again so total time for convert should be the best way of testing speed.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by glenns; 06-12-2014, 07:33 AM.

Comment

I also did a clone iso from disk to drive same movie Wilson used the MBPS started slow at 15 then climbed to 31 then back down to 22MBPS 28 mins 33 secs. time to make cloned iso to Hard drive.

The converting from hard drive same everything as Wilson Mine started faster at 225 FPS and climbed to 248+FPS then at the very end going down just a tad.Convert time is 11 mins. 18 secs. a little faster than Wilsons 14.40 mins. convert time.

All testing points to total conversion time the only way to surely say what's faster if all things were equal such as my and Wilsons testing with everything the same.Why mine was a little faster than his in this test and why the other machine started high FPS well that remains because more testing with the whole converted movie is the only real test from the results of my testing.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Finish at 00:33:11 when converting whole movie from disc.

FPS up slowly on my PC when converting.

Wilson
                            Attached Files

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Holmes
                              How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?'
                              Please see this link for your processor up against a very fast top of the line cuda card in speed and video tests and see.
                              http://techreport.com/review/23324/a...ding-on-the-pc
                              two year old post with almost 3 year old hardware .. not really applicable

I suppose that the conversion speed is affected by other HardWare environment or system.
                              Wilson, in the tests I did there was nothing else running in the system (I have used autoruns to leave just the basic functions needed for the system to run reliably) and system drive is 256Gb sata3 and the rip drive is a 40Gb sata3 ssd. In normal use, I have 12 applications running in the background including Plex and XBMC and BOINC (running with 90% of processor and using all gpus unless required by some other app) and the system is running as if nothing is happening ..

So I am pretty sure that hardware is not causing the speed problem.

I think the fab programmers need to re-examine the way they use gpu's specifically newer gpus, multiple cards or multiple cards from different vendors as new PCs come with the new i? intel processors and many also inlclude either nvidia or at cards.

..maybe you could try to converting from ISO file and see the result with IQS lightning-shrink.
                              I will give it a try when I get back and get back to you

And for the CUDA crash issue, would you please try to take out your GT630 (not disable the device in system) and then converting again?
                              That could work but I also have to uninstall the current driver and revert to the previous again

Comment

Karcos:Are you settings for conversion speed the same as mine in the screen shot?

Wilson:What about the other machine that you got faster FPS on is the total conversion time from the Thor disk the same as the slower FPS computer when the whole disk is converted?
                                Your test with the slower machine was about the same as my result only mine was about 3 mins. faster.Maybe its the windows version so testing the faster machine on the same Thor disk conversion with same mp4 settings to computer may give a clue.
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by glenns; 06-12-2014, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X