version 9.1.3.8 bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper version 9.1.3.8 bug

It seems to crash every time if when doing an MKV passsthru rip on a DVD preview is used to view one of the movie files.

I can't reproduce it if a bug Dave?
    Attached Files
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

I can't duplicate the problem either. May be specific to a certain disc or a setting (try setting Preview to "Internal" in Common Settings). Post the internal log session of one of the crashes.
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Will do, it's also possible that I need to start with a clean reboot, I forgot to check that, because one or two games I play can cause unexpected problems after.

Sorry guys

Comment

That used to happen to me. I checked "Disable all GPU codecs for encoding and decoding" and made sure I had the Decoder set to "Internal" in the Preview tab. Then it stopped crashing.

Comment

rmeyers
            I known that preview with derect show could crash.

Is it crash if you do not “Disable all GPU” and set to "Internal" in the Preview tab?

davecuk
            If you don`t start mkv passthrough work, just preview with internal. Is it crash?
            User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
            For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
            For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Preview crashes randomly when previewing any title either with direct show or internal viewer. With the Internal viewer there is no sound either.

I will try to post a log next time it happens

speak of the devil - just crashed again, but there is no info in the log

Comment

I can't reproduce this problem so far, can you remember if you are manipulating some control or taking some action that seems to trigger the crash? Do you have some other application running?
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Signals, as I said, it happens randomply; for example, I am ripping BDs to mp4 (h.264 + copy all sound) since last night, and the PC was left on all night - an hour ago, it finished ripping another 2 BDs so I ejected them and inserted two new ones, and after renaming the main titles, I clicked on one of the extra titles to preview which extra it was and voila, it crashed. I restared fab did the same thing and it worked (currently ripping). And I have the directx acceleration enabled. Seems like some sort of preview(?) buffer gets full and it crashes.

Comment

this time I got a screenshot (nothing in the crash log)
                    while checking the extras of Top Gun BD

The image in the 'buffer' is from a previous preview of V for Vendetta extras
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by kacos; 04-11-2014, 03:30 PM.

Comment

There is something going on with the preview audio I picked up this morning. The DVD from desolation of smaug preview will play Spanish audio with English selected. This is the DVD from the 5 disc 3D combo UPC 9404316892.

File is good when complete.

Albert Einstein

Comment

I will check this.
                        1. Fab preview play wrong audio.
                        2. "Seems like some sort of preview(?) buffer gets full and it crashes. "

If there are some key, tell me.
                        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

The behavior I described above did not change with 9.1.3.9

Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                          X