No announcement yet.

How to get the subtitles working.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) How to get the subtitles working.

Hello community,

Let me start by giving you some information. I am using DVDFABs blu-ray ripper, and just ripping straight from the disc to m2ts. I am not creating a .iso file of the film. The problem I am having is that I can not get the subtitles working at all. I am not sure if it's my Blu-ray player or my settings in DVDFAB. I have tried different formats such as m2ts pass-through, .MKV,
    m2ts and MKV pass-through, and storing them on a WD external hard drive. I have tried every subtitle setting that DVDFAB has in the application. So, is there anything special I must do in order to get these subtitles working?

Using: DVDFab v9.1.4.2

Pc: CPU: AMD Fx-8350 x 8 core @ 4.0 ghz

GPU: Sapphire R9-270x Vapor-X

Ram: 16Gb -Gskill- DDR3 @ stock Latency of 7-7-7-21

HDD: 2x Samsung Evo SSD

MB : Asrock Extreme-9

PSU: 800-Watt

We need more information

1. What options did you use for MKV (or any of the other formats)
    2. Are you trying to rip all subtitles or only forced subtitles
    3. What device are you using for playback
    Last edited by Nik_Simpson; 05-14-2014, 02:02 AM.

Comment

In addition to what Nik said, make sure you have at least one sub stream selected, as shown in the capture. On the Advanced Settings page, select Remux into file (assuming your player supports it) or Direct Render to Video. For Direct Render, only a single stream can be selected.
      Attached Files
      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I reproduce it when ripped to m2ts remux. I have feedback to developer.
        But mkv remux vobsub,it is ok. Are you ripped with PGS sub?
        You can tried m2ts.render. mp4 remux.
        User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
        For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
        For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
        For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

@ Nik, Signals and Dora

Hardware:

Blu-ray drive: Lg WH16NS40 Blu-ray drive.

Blu-ray player: Panasonic DMP-BDT230PK

External HDD: Western digital My Book 2Tb

I have been mostly using m2ts format, with copy video and audio checked. Therefore the only option is remux into file. However I did do some films in MKV format just, to see if I could get the subtitles working. My selected options were remux into file and extract to idx/sub file, which gave me two folders. I did in fact transfer all three files to the hard drive. I also tried the display forced with one language selected and maybe two, but both were English. On the audio I always just select DTS 5.1 or 7.1 depending on the title. I am a tad hard of hearing and I would like help with this. I can just use the original, but the point is to store the original away and unused, for me anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Xander427 View Post
            @ Nik, Signals and Dora

Hardware:

Blu-ray drive: Lg WH16NS40 Blu-ray drive.

Blu-ray player: Panasonic DMP-BDT230PK

External HDD: Western digital My Book 2Tb

I have been mostly using m2ts format, with copy video and audio checked. Therefore the only option is remux into file. However I did do some films in MKV format just, to see if I could get the subtitles working. My selected options were remux into file and extract to idx/sub file, which gave me two folders. I did in fact transfer all three files to the hard drive. I also tried the display forced with one language selected and maybe two, but both were English. On the audio I always just select DTS 5.1 or 7.1 depending on the title. I am a tad hard of hearing and I would like help with this. I can just use the original, but the point is to store the original away and unused, for me anyhow.
            OK then, I can't help with the m2ts aproach, as that is going to be dictated by how your Panasonic BluRay does things. For MKV, the method that is most likely to work without any issues is to have the subtitles burned into the video stream since that doesn't require the player to anything at all.

Comment

Don't selected display forced subtitle except need.
              This is only display unknown subtitle if the disc include. Did you know that?
              Such as disc Avatar, The Avatars says unknown langrage,it has forced display subtitle. --this is force subtitle and the normal english sub is not display when you selected display force sub.
              User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
              For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
              For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
              For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
              X