Best format for converting to HD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Best format for converting to HD

I love the fab programs, I'm converting my Blu-rays to and external HD and playing them with the media player. Right now i'm converting them using the .MP4 (.264) Which looks fantastic but it ends up being like 8gb is there any way to lower the size but keep the quality?

Another question, I have Tv series that i would like to also put on my HD. I haven't tried one yet and wanted to know if any of you guys have done this and which way would be the best way of doing this?

Thanks,
    Bryan

You guys are always awesome at helping and are very knowledgeable!

Look at it this way: at 8 GB, you are already compressing the original content by at least 50%, and more like 75% for some titles, and hard drives are cheaper than they have ever been. If you must have smaller files, you can try two things: 1) reduce the video bitrate or frame size and/or 2) re-encode the audio to AAC instead of passing through the original 5.1 or 7.1 audio from the original disc. Both of these will reduce the quality to some degree, but it may not be too much and will depend on your personal tastes.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
    X