X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper 9.1.5.2 doesn't recognize properly DVD content

Hello,
    Have found a bug in the latest release.
    In some circumstances, the DVD content is wrong.

In this example it shows a runtime limited to 2 seconds with 7 chapters for a movie of 50 minutes and 30 seconds.... and of course ripping or copying won't work.

Reverting back to 9.1.5.0 and this problem went away.

Log and screenshots included

Cheers,
    Last edited by Thalys; 02-02-2017, 09:11 AM.

Same Here

I posted earlier about the Saturday Night Live Best of Chris Farley disc doing this.
    Now a children's cartoon compilation is doing the same. Attached is my log as well. Also is a screenshot.

Image did not upload for whatever reason
    Attached Files

Comment

Disable Pathplayer

Go into the dvd settings by clicking the downwards pointing triangle. Disable Pathplayer. That does the trick. I just tried it after not noticing a reply to my Farley disc question. Thanks Winston!!!

Comment

That's Wilson not winston.
        When you turn off Pathplayer make sure the movie plays back ok before you burn it and then go back into settings when done and set it back to always enable pathplayer.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by glenns; 06-13-2014, 02:22 AM.

Comment

Fix

glenns,

Is this likely to be fixed soon??

- David

Comment

They have tried several solutions, but TV discs cause a problem for PathPlayer because the many episodes of the exact same length mimic a disc with a certain type of structural protection. They never give up. For now, the best idea is to turn off PathPlayer, but be sure to set it back to Always Enable for theatrical discs and check the TV disc content before burning as glenns suggested.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Please note that in my case above, "the movie" is the only one content on the disc (there is no multiple contents or episodes to choose from)...

Comment

Sorry your thread was hijacked, I did not notice it. Still seems to be a PathPlayer prolem.
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

LA_BATAILLE_DE_NORMANDIE (The Battle of Normandy) was released June 3, 2014 and 50 min in length. Good movie and worth backing up so hopefully disabling pathplayer works for you

Comment

Yes, with PathPlayer disabled it works ...

Comment

How do I get back to the release that still worked? In days of old I had each prior release in my downloads directory, but now it does it internally I can't see where it puts the download.

Comment

Hi steamhead
                        You would need to save the installer from the downloads page instead of installing over the top of previous versions.
                        I save all Fab installers, so if you need any version send me a pm with your e-mail address and I will send it to you.
                        CBR929

Note that if you live in the US the newer versions 9150 and above will not remove the encryption on Blu-Rays.

Originally posted by steamhead View Post
                        How do I get back to the release that still worked? In days of old I had each prior release in my downloads directory, but now it does it internally I can't see where it puts the download.
                        Last edited by CBR929; 06-16-2014, 01:39 PM.
                        Even if it's a little thing, do something for those who have need of help, something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it.

Setting Up ImgBurn and DVDFab to work together

Tips for Posting DVDFab Logs in the Forum

Comment

Thanks for the reply, I thought I was missing something somewhere as I couldn't find any easy way to back out since the "in-product upgrades" started, and yet a previous poster had indicated they had rolled back.

So far disabling Path Player seems to have cured my woes for now, and I have my trusty 8.0.8.5 just in case.

I have found recently upgrades have been fairly reliable after the bad spate around the switch to QT, but I might look at downloading future versions instead of "in-product" to be sure.

Comment

Hi, this issue has been fixed in the latest Beta version of DVDFab 9153. Please download and install this version and see the result. Thanks.
                            User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                            For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                            For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                            For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
                            X