Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper I'd like to buy DVD ripper

Been trying for 3-4 days now.

I go through the process and after putting my credit card info in I get a web page not found message.

I've used the latest firefox and chrome with identical results.

Got a message from support asking me to use another browser, they never asked what browser I was using the first time.

Email mona@dvdfab.cn and explain problem.Or try the explorer browser.
    Last edited by glenns; 06-24-2014, 12:40 AM.

Comment

Been trying for 5 days now, support tells me to make sure I'm on their website.

Tried on 2 computers, explorer, firefox and chrome.

After I put in my credit card info I get some form of this:

This page can’t be displayed

Make sure the web address https://migs.mastercard.com.au is correct.
      Look for the page with your search engine.
      Refresh the page in a few minutes.

I'm not using mastercard, I'm using visa.

What's good alternative ripper?

Comment

Are you using a proxy? as the link you provided gives me this:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access / on this server.

Comment

No

That's an internal address that the software uses to place a credit card order, not for humans.

I bought Nero platinum 14 for $36 at newegg, I'll give it a try.

Comment

Nero will not decrypt the discs.

The link you provided is not a legitimate DVDFab payment processor to my knowledge.

You should initiate and complete the purchase at www.dvdfab.cn, where the payment processor is Alipay.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Hi tacman7,

Like signals says, please double check and make sure that you are on DVDFab website http://www.dvdfab.cn/order.htm, the only payment processor is now Alipay.

Regards,
              mona

Comment

I own the lifetime version of the copy part of the program, nero should be able to convert from the hard drive maybe.

The icon across the top of this page that says buy now is what I pressed, if it's sending me to the wrong place you should fix it.

Once again, that address was given to me by your software, it's an internal address. That's where it was trying to process the payment, which is wrong because I was using a visa card and it shouldn't be trying to contact mastercard. I think your page is messed up.

Or it's the universe directing me another way, yeah that's the ticket.

Comment

Given you are using one of the internally coded links inside the software I'm thinking they've left the wrong address in the code. Likely it points to the .com address instead of the .cn address.

Can't say for sure but would be reasonable speculation.

Comment

Yeah Nero balks at making a mp4 from a DVD.

But it makes a nice looking file from the folder after I copy the dvd with DVDfab.

Also it's got a lot more choices for output resolution.

I wanted to get rid of the bars top and bottom.

The most vertical pixels I could do with ripper was 312.

I was trying 720 x 576 ( I think it was).

Looks good, still black bars but smaller ones.

Comment

tacman
                      If you are happy with nero, that is fine, but Ripper has a wide selection of output frame sizes, from 320x176 to 1920x1080.

There may still be some odd links left within the software or even on the website as jsmiddleton4 suggests, but the one you posted is not familiar to anyone I checked with in Beijing.
                      Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                      Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

That wasn't anything I was using, that was the error message I got trying to buy here.

I'm pretty happy with the Nero results.

The most horizontal lines I could get with ripper was 312 when using 740 vertical lines. (did I get that backwards?) 576 looks pretty cool. Don't know if it makes everyone look a little thinner though...

I'll have to try some of the higher res stuff and see.

Thanks

Comment

The higher resolution stuff is shown in a smaller box than the dvd's!

Plus you have a 8.5GB file.

I'm encoding everything to 740x576, people look fine to me, files are around 2GB.

Comment

That is a normal size for PAL content and ripper should be able to do it for you. 740x312 is what I would expect for a widescreen movie with a 2.37:1 aspect ratio with automatic cropping turned on. But no way it should be 8.5GB in size unless you are using VOB passthrough selected as the profile or have a checkmark in the Copy Video box on the Advanced Settings page. See the screen capture attached, which shows typical settings I use for most content. It shows an output size of around 2.2 GB for the latest Hunger Games movie and looks great.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                            X