24p ripping possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

24p ripping possible?

My Blu ray player and TV both do 24p for blu ray and 3d blu ray but I now use XBMC for all my media. I use DVDFab to rip everything using audio and video copy. Is there an option somewhere to rip in 24p format and does it give better picture quality? I think it is supposed to.

Since you did not place your question in the correct forum, we can't be sure if you are using the Copy or Ripper module. If using Ripper, and using the Copy Video option, you will get the frame rate of the original video which is often 24 fps. If you uncheck Copy Video and decode/re-encode the video you can select the frame rate, bit rate etc.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
      Since you did not place your question in the correct forum, we can't be sure if you are using the Copy or Ripper module. If using Ripper, and using the Copy Video option, you will get the frame rate of the original video which is often 24 fps. If you uncheck Copy Video and decode/re-encode the video you can select the frame rate, bit rate etc.
      Yeah I had a feeling I used the wrong forum. I am using the ripper module.

Comment

Moved to the correct forum.
        How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
        Albert Einstein

Comment

You can set ripper to 24P if you really want to:
          Attached Files
          How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by patseguin View Post
            My Blu ray player and TV both do 24p for blu ray and 3d blu ray but I now use XBMC for all my media. I use DVDFab to rip everything using audio and video copy. Is there an option somewhere to rip in 24p format and does it give better picture quality? I think it is supposed to.
            Out of interest, why do you feel you need to do this?

If your Blu-ray player is correctly set-up, your TV should be able to display a 24Hz signal when playing a 23.976fps source...

And no, you wont obtain a better picture quality.
            I SUPPORT 'FAIR USE'. MY MORALS PREVENT ME FROM HELPING ANYONE WHO OBTAINS COPYRIGHTED CONTENT ILLEGITIMATELY
            I've been testing hardware media playback devices and software A/V encoders and decoders since 2001 | My Network Layout and A/V Gear

Comment

It's not the rip that's the problem

Most often, the problem will be with the playback device not knowing how to set the output to 24 frames. For example if you playback on a Windows PC in most cases, the media player will playback using the refresh frequency that is currently set on the graphics card, and to get 24fps playback you would have to change the setting of the graphics card.

Comment

Working...
              X