Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunger Games Catching Fire screen size wrong?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Hunger Games Catching Fire screen size wrong?

Archived to 1920x804 but plays back in small screen centered in my display. Does so on my TV, does so via VLC on my PC.

Using latest beta xxx.5.8.

No error messages.

Never had the option for the 1080 screen resolution. Had to go back to released .6 version.

Then had all video formatting options available including 1080 and not locked at 840. With .6 version Catching Fire archived just fine.

Also noted with the .8 beta that file size is very small. Very.

Comment

Hi, please post your internal_dvdfab.log here, thanks!
      User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
      For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
      For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
      For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Too late. Moved on days ago.

Video option in .8 were limited. Not so in .6 released version.

Comment

Some kind of report was emailed to DVDFab though.

Comment

Will try again with new released .9 version and if have same screen cropped issue will post additional information.

Comment

Worked with .9 release version just fine. It had the 1080 resolution as an option too.

Comment

Have you tried turning cropping off? You'll get the same display as the disc.
                Attached Files
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

Thanks but don't have cropping on.

With the .8 beta it didn't offer the 1080 resolution, locked it at 846, something like that.

Comment

However since you mentioned Cropping I thought I'd give Cropping a try on this bluray.

It is one of those whose aspect ratio leaves bars across the top and bottom.

Tried Cropping the sides a bit so as to reduce the black bars.

All settings created the same result. That tiny box of video in center of the screen.

I'm not a big fan of cropping so I don't use it much. But the results don't seem right. I tried many different settings for cropping size.

I know cropping has been a problem in the past. I have to wonder if it isn't working correctly again. Or at least not correctly for this bluray.

Comment

DVDFab's .9 menus are real jerky with Catching Fire bluray too. Not sure why but they are.

Archiving my Bladerunner bluray right now and menus not jerky in the least.

Comment

Just did Backdraft bluray. Other than it picking the wrong track, it picks some 480i trailer, the menus again are not jerky as they are with Hunger Games Catching Fire.

Comment

I am having the same exact issue here...

Comment

spyrapper
                            Do you mean the same problem with the exact same disc? You need to provide more information when you post and start a new thread if it is not the exact same problem in all respects.
                            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Yes, the EXACT same problem...same disc, same symptoms...

Comment

Working...
                              X