Ripping TV show and get BD+ error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ripping TV show and get BD+ error

I am trying to rip season 6 of Sons of Anarchy. I ripped the first 2 discs fine but on the 3rd disk, DVDFab says "This Blu-ray disc contain BD+ protection which is not supported now". Since when is BD+ not supported and why did I rip the first 2 discs OK but not the 3rd?

Hi, please post your internal_dvdfab.log here, thanks.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Originally posted by patseguin View Post
      I am trying to rip season 6 of Sons of Anarchy. I ripped the first 2 discs fine but on the 3rd disk, DVDFab says "This Blu-ray disc contain BD+ protection which is not supported now". Since when is BD+ not supported and why did I rip the first 2 discs OK but not the 3rd?
      Just as a data point, I've just ripped disc3 to MKV without a problem using DVDfab v8

Comment

The discs in a set can have different protections, it happens often.

@patseguin, post the log that Ning requested for a quicker fix.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

I'm now getting a problem with Disc 4

On DVDfab8, I'm getting a problem with disc 4. The error message I get is "DVDFAB Server Not Functional", I don't see this problem with other discs in the set, so I don't think the DVDFAB server is down. I've attached the DVDfab logfile that is generated when I try to rip this disc.
          Attached Files

Comment

Before I post a log, I'll say that I can't rip more than 1 blu ray at a time anymore. I tried it with Walking Dead season 4 and also a show I rippsed in the past. I've been using Fab for years and this is the first time I've ever not been able to rip a 2rd and 3rd disc at the same time. So, I'm ripping 3 discs in MakeMKV and I could use Handbrake to add H.264 but I decided to keep the perfect picture. I can't wait until XBMC Helix which supports H.265. Half the file size and no loss in quality sounds amazing. Anyways, I think the bug in DVDFab might have something to do with ripping more than 1 disc at a time. I am trying discs from the same exact box and the same season and no matter what I do, only 1 disc will rip. I usually rip 3 discs at a time but now I can't. All the rip settings are the same and I just get the loud "fail" sound right away for each of the 4 files. I suppuose what I could do is test the previous version and see if it does the same thing.

Comment

Or you could post the log. What else you may try as a workaround will not help find an answer in DVDFab.

DVDFab supports h265 now, see this from the v9.1.6.3 release notes:
              New: Added the support to output HEVC (H.265) video in Ripper and Video Converter (Profile MKV.H265 or MP4.H265).
              @Nik Simpson, please try DVDFab v9.1.6.4 and tell us the results and please include the v9 log session as well.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                Or you could post the log. What else you may try as a workaround will not help find an answer in DVDFab.

@Nik Simpson, please try DVDFab v9.1.6.4 and tell us the results and please include the v9 log session as well.
                Living in the US, I'm unable to do that because I can't download the version that supports breaking of copy protection

Comment

For the DVDFab US version, please read the faq page first.

It's time to grab the AI-powered 8-in-1 comprehensive video processing Tool at 30% OFF! Limited Time Offer!

Wilson
                  Please post your logs the default location is:
                  For DVDFab 13: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\DVDFab13\Log
                  For StreamFab: C:\Users\User Name\My Documents\DVDFab\StreamFab\log
                  Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.
                  If it's the burning issue, please also attach burn log.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilson.Wang View Post
                    For the DVDFab US version, please read the faq page first.

It's time to grab the AI-powered 8-in-1 comprehensive video processing Tool at 30% OFF! Limited Time Offer!

Wilson
                    Don't worry about me, I've already worked around the problem :-) I just thought the DVDFab8 issue might be related to the problem being seen with DVDFab9

Comment

DVDFab 9.1.6.4 Doesn't Work

Originally posted by signals View Post

I get the same error on disc 4 using the latest release of DVDfab 9. I've attached the logs and a screen shot of the error message. For the record, the disc is good, makemkv has no problems with it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Please try again, it's fixed now.

Wilson
                        Please use attachment button and attach your most recent, Internal log and post right here.

Thanks!

Comment

Yup, that fixed it with DVDFAB9

Comment

Great!

Thanks for your feedback.

Wilson

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                            X