DVDFab9 suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVDFab9 suggestions

I've been using DVDFab 8 for several years now and could pretty much get it to do everything I wanted, yes the interface was a little clunky, but once I learned how to drive it I was very happy. In changing over to DVDFab9 I've noticed a few of things that could be improved IMHO (forgive me if I'm missing something in the UI):
    1. Audio track selection: In DVDFab8 I can easily set things up so that only the best quality audio track is selected. For example if the best audio is DTS-Master then I can get that included without any other audio tracks being added. In DVDFab9, I can't find an option to do this. As a result, for each episode on a TV series disk that I rip, I have manually un-check the other audio tracks. I've looked in the MKV file format settings, and in the general settings and I can't find a way to do this.
    2. Subtitle settings: As we all know, it can be a PITA to get "forced" subtitles because of the different way that they are mastered on the disk. My general approach was to look at the number of english subtitle tracks. If there was only one english subtitle track it was a fair bet that any forced subtitles would be in that track so setting forced subtitles would work. However, if there was more than one English subtitle track, then it's pretty much of a lottery as to whether the forced only option will work so I ended up ripping all the english subtitles then working out which one contains the forced subtitles afterwards. It's ugly, but it works (and I fully understand that it's not a DVDFab problem.) Unfortunately in DVDFab9, the forced subtitle only option is a global setting, not a per-disk or per-title option. Could we have it back as a per-title option on a disk?
    3. GUI Change (see attachment): Could we make the columns sortable, for example I would like to be able to click on the "Title" column and have the rows displayed in the GUI sorted by title.
    Attached Files

Hi Nik_Simpson,
    I have forwarded your request to our responsible person for future reference.
    Thanks for your feedback.
    User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
    For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
    For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
    For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

DVDFab9 suggestions

Hi, Nik_Simpson

Thanks for your feedback!
      Originally posted by Nik_Simpson View Post
      1. Audio track selection: In DVDFab8 I can easily set things up so that only the best quality audio track is selected. For example if the best audio is DTS-Master then I can get that included without any other audio tracks being added. In DVDFab9, I can't find an option to do this. As a result, for each episode on a TV series disk that I rip, I have manually un-check the other audio tracks. I've looked in the MKV file format settings, and in the general settings and I can't find a way to do this.

DVDFab will select a audio tracks that sound quality is the best as default, you can choosing the track in drop-down menu. Please see attachment.

2. Subtitle settings: As we all know, it can be a PITA to get "forced" subtitles because of the different way that they are mastered on the disk. My general approach was to look at the number of english subtitle tracks. If there was only one english subtitle track it was a fair bet that any forced subtitles would be in that track so setting forced subtitles would work. However, if there was more than one English subtitle track, then it's pretty much of a lottery as to whether the forced only option will work so I ended up ripping all the english subtitles then working out which one contains the forced subtitles afterwards. It's ugly, but it works (and I fully understand that it's not a DVDFab problem.) Unfortunately in DVDFab9, the forced subtitle only option is a global setting, not a per-disk or per-title option. Could we have it back as a per-title option on a disk?

DVDFab only in the conversion process will check whether a subtitle track that contains forced subtitles, DVDFab can be preselected forced subtitles for a Title. Please see attachment.

3. GUI Change (see attachment): Could we make the columns sortable, for example I would like to be able to click on the "Title" column and have the rows displayed in the GUI sorted by title.

DVDFab now has the main Title and other tidbits separate display for user to edit the main movie easier. Please tell us why you need to sort on title, so that we would be better to make adjustments to DVDFab.
      Thanks again !
      Attached Files

Comment

1) Use the Streams tab in Common Settings, you can duplicate the way v8 works in Ripper.
        2)This contains incorrect information. Display Only Forced can still be set on an individual basis in Ripper in v9. To find the stream with forced subs in Copy (or Ripper), use Preview and select the streams of the language you want one at a time to see if they contain the translations. Turn the global setting off.
        3)The Main title (which is provided by PathPlayer or BluPath) probably should be excluded, the re-sorted results might be confusing.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Working...
        X