Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Video Dimensions / Aspect Ratio Different

Hello all

I did a quick search for this but could not find anything similar - apologies if I missed the answer.

I just did an encoding test of a DVD, keeping the video size the same as the original only cropping away the black bars (that DVDFab does by default)

Looking at the output file through MediaInfo it was giving dimensions of 720x300(2.40:1)

The same file going through both VSO Converter and Handbreke gave dimensions of 720x428(2.40:1)

If I playback both the Handbrake and DVDfab versions at the same time, take a screen shot and view that in Photoshop. Cropping the image of the DVDfab video is exactly 720x300. Doing the same with the Handbrake version is 1024x428.

Why is this happening?

There does not seem to be anything wrong with DVDFab, it gave you exactly what it promised, 720x300 2.40:1 with no black bars. The others either gave you the wrong size (Handbrake) or the wrong aspect ratio (VSO). The others may have been doing some automatic functions that involve resizing or may not have removed the letterboxing the same way.
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

It sounds like the "Anamorphic" flag.
      "Beer is living proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." - Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790

Comment

Working...
      X