No announcement yet.

DVDFab logo in corner of ripped 3D Bluray - but only for one movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) DVDFab logo in corner of ripped 3D Bluray - but only for one movie

Hi,

Strange happenings... I am getting the "DVDFab" Logo on the ripped movie for Frozen. Tried it four times, on two different machines. Oddly, the movie I ripped today prior to it, Cars 3D, was fine, and the movie after it, Avatar 3D, was also fine. Over the last few weeks I have ripped quite a few of my 3D Blurays - this is the only one with the issue...

Any ideas? I have the fully-licensed version of the ripper...

More information

Sorry not enough information:

* Running DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper (3D Plus) 9.1.6.6
    * Bluray is 3D format, UK "Frozen 3D" from Disney
    * Another strange artifact is that movie is ripping with a black border around the SBS frames (no other 3D SBS movie rip does that in my collection)
    * Settings are H.264 @ 0.2Bits/pixel, audio copy, subtitles burned into movie, in a MKV container.
    * At 01:03 in, the DVDFab logo disappears

Comment

HI:I have the same 3d version of the movie Frozen and had no problem making a side by side with the normal 3d profile for 3dmkv,audio copy version 9166.

The movie is letterboxed so their are very small black boarders on the top and bottom of the movie.Try cloning the movie to hard drive first then make a mkv side by side 3d using the 3d mkv profile.Mine came out normal with no Fab logo and played fine.

You can also update Fab to 9167 and try it.
      You should post your dvdfab internal log whenever you have a problem like this.
      Did you by any chance make a iso or folder of frozen with the trial version of Fab before you brought the program then tried to make the MKV from it as that's the only way I know of why the logo would be only on one disk and not others you made.
      Last edited by Ella; 09-12-2014, 03:42 PM. Reason: Added line of text

Comment

Ella,

Nope, no intermediary, which is why I am confused. It is direct from Bluray mastered disc.

Also your point about border - I mean there is a black border AROUND the image, not just top/bottom. Let me give an example of a 3D movie I encoded yesterday with success:

Cars 2 HD: 1920 x 804
        Cats 2 3D SBS: 1920 x 804

This isn't 1920 x 1080, so yes, you'll get black borders top/bottom.

Looking at Frozen:

Frozen HD: 1920 x 856
        Frozen HD: 1920 x 856

Again, this isn't 1920 x 1080, so you'll get black borders top/bottom, but the 3D encoded ALSO has borders left/right. So its all wrong.

I will try a different version of DVDFab - everything I see so far points at a software issue. Copying to HDD might help with audio sync issues, but that is not my problem...

Comment

Still in the process of doing the rip, but 9.0.6.3 doesn't appear to have the issue - no logo and no borders on the side of the screen. I'll update again once the rip has finished.

As I said earlier, looking highly likely this is a software issue.

Comment

No issues with 9.0.6.3 (no black side-borders, no problem with logo) - may try some other versions tomorrow, but clearly there are issues with the current version.

Can devs look at this please/suggest how to further investigate? Do you need anything? I looked at the logs, nothing in there that would arouse suspicion and certainly nothing indicating the watermark/logo issue, but I am no expert on your software...

Comment

I redid the movie using customized at the same setting you used with 9166 and it also came out fine.You should post your dvdfab internal log file to see what happened to your bad attempt.

Comment

If you are getting the DVDFab logo, your installation is not registered/activated properly. It is operating in "trial" mode. You can check it by selecting "License Info" from the dropdown shown in the capture. The module you are trying to use should not be expired and should say "Activated". It also needs to have access to the internet. Post the internal log as Ella suggested.
                Attached Files
                Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
                Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by jwvdo01 View Post
                  Hi,

Strange happenings... I am getting the "DVDFab" Logo on the ripped movie for Frozen. Tried it four times, on two different machines. Oddly, the movie I ripped today prior to it, Cars 3D, was fine, and the movie after it, Avatar 3D, was also fine. Over the last few weeks I have ripped quite a few of my 3D Blurays - this is the only one with the issue...

Any ideas? I have the fully-licensed version of the ripper...
                  Hi, please post your internal_dvdfab.log here, thanks.
                  User Manual for DVDFab v10 (pdf)

DVDFab log default location:
                  For Windows: C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab10\Log
                  For Mac: Finder> Documents> DVDFab10> Log

DVDFab Player 5:
                  For Windows:C:\Users\User Name\Documents\DVDFab Player 5\Log

Comment

Working...
                  X