Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Batch Script and Email

Hi Guys,

I've been using this software for a couple of months now, from what I believe the faster way to rip a bluray is to use mkv pass through, if I'm wrong please correct me What I would like is some automation, the pc I put the discs in is just used for ripping blurays and doesn't have a monitor. I have to keep RDP to it.

Is it possible to create a script that always runs when a bluray is interested to rip the bluray into mkv passthrough and then send an email when complete given title..etc.., so I know when to put another bluray in? if that is it then possible to remove all underscores (_) on the title name. I know I'm asking a lot but this would be really helpful. If all is possible... that great I'll do it, but if a 3d bluray is put in what happens there?

Thanks in advance.

Lil

I doubt that the DVDFab developers would think this a feature that a majority of existing customers would want or need, particularly the email interface. Perhaps some fellow forum members that regularly use the DVDFab command line interface could offer suggestions.

The mkv passthrough profile is probably not greatly different in speed than Main Movie in Copy mode, both are limited more by the read speed of the original disc than anything else. Just depends on whether you want a folder/ISO or mkv file for the output (and what your playback device supports).
    Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
    Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

ok thank you for your input. I think I could use the sendmail batch script afterwards.

However I still need advice on an automatic ripping script as soon as the bluray is put into drive? - is this the right section to be putting such a thing?

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Powershell should be able to do this

Powershell has cmdlets for obtaining things like drive status and detecting what media has been loaded into a drive. I'm not sure if it can do it automatically, so you may need to run the script in the background and have it poll the drive periodically. If you're not sure how to do this in Powershell, try searching for "powershell detecting a drive in DVD" which should give you some pointers.

Comment

Working...
        X