Ip Man - The Final Fight crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BD Ripper (3D Plus) Ip Man - The Final Fight crashing

Depending on my luck I either get a filter error or a crash when trying to do this disc. Tried multiple computers with different versions of fab and nothing works. Log attached from a crash.
    Attached Files

Here's another crash log for the same movie. Different error. I had to force terminate the process.
    Attached Files

Comment

Try backspacing over the resolution and set it to 1920x1080. It's just a hunch on my part but it's changing the aspect ratio a bunch, maybe too much? see attached:
      Attached Files
      How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
      Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by 90312 View Post
        Try backspacing over the resolution and set it to 1920x1080. It's just a hunch on my part but it's changing the aspect ratio a bunch, maybe too much? see attached:
        Not sure, but something bad is up. I wonder if Fab is not playing well with the latest intel HD Graphics driver? I just ran 4 other rips and every single one failed at 50% (2 pass) with a filter error:

107m 35.74s: --- connect filter failed(filter_h264_ex open_encoder_error 1 module_h264_encode x264 encoder open failed --profile high --pass 2 --bitrate 12380 --stats "H:\Temp\video.stats" --level 4.1 --keyint 24 --no-mixed-refs --bframes 2 --no-weightb --deblock -1:-1 --subme 5 --partitions none --qpmin 0 --threads 8 --thread-input --nal-hrd none --output "output" "input" ) ---

Comment

It gets weirder. I reverted to an older hd graphics driver and still no luck with everything falling on the current version. Reverted fab to 9.1.5.9 which used to work and everything continued to fail. Reverted to 9.1.4.6 then everything worked. Very strange.

ip Man - The Final Fight, however continued to crash Fab. Something about that movie... Fab does not like it at all.

Instead of using BD Ripper is there a way to use BD Copy + Convert or something as a two step process? I tied to figure this out, but couldn't find how to do that.
          Last edited by eisenb11; 09-21-2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

So this movie continues to crash and haven't heard back from anyone. I can't get it to work with any version of Fab, not even v8. It just crashes the program. I've sent in a zillion crash logs. Between the graph_not_suitable errors and the mkvmerge errors, I can't get anything done. Also tried this movie on a different computer with no luck. I think, at this point, that it's a Fab issue.

Comment

The staff will unfortunately be off for several more days for the holiday. It looks from the log that DVDFab opened the disc correctly when you had it set for Main Movie and that you are basically putting the movie at its original resolution into an MKV container. If this is correct, perhaps try a different container profile, such as MP4 and select Copy Video on the Advanced Settings page to see if it will work correctly. You could also try using Copy mode to make an AVCHD BD-9/1080p, the bitrate and size would be roughly the same if that would be suitable for your playback device.
              Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
              Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
                The staff will unfortunately be off for several more days for the holiday. It looks from the log that DVDFab opened the disc correctly when you had it set for Main Movie and that you are basically putting the movie at its original resolution into an MKV container. If this is correct, perhaps try a different container profile, such as MP4 and select Copy Video on the Advanced Settings page to see if it will work correctly. You could also try using Copy mode to make an AVCHD BD-9/1080p, the bitrate and size would be roughly the same if that would be suitable for your playback device.
                Ah, I forgot about the holiday.

This one has really stumped me. I've tried doing a rip even with the options for copy video and copy audio set just to get a 1:1 copy and it failed. On 2-pass mode it would die in the second pass (around 55%). On 1-pass mode, it would die very quickly on the first pass (around 5%).

I was successful in the end, but I had to use a competing product to do an uncompressed MKV rip (24 GB), then I used Fab Convert to convert it into a .h264 MKV (9.3 GB). I prefer a relatively high ratio of about 0.25 (12430 ish bitrate)
                Last edited by eisenb11; 10-04-2014, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X