new dvd fab owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DVD Ripper new dvd fab owner

hello all i have a question i inserted a DVD (the lion king) and wanted to rip it to my computer in H.264 and it told me over 2 hours till finished is that correct or is there something i can change to make this quicker. i have 300 movies in my collection and this will take for ever.

Hi snowjunkie, tell us about your computer, processor, speed and so on. On some systems that is about right on a fast desktop not so good. Include your graphics card as well.
    How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
    Albert Einstein

Comment

DVD or Bluray

If that's for a DVD, I would say it's slow, if it's for a Bluray, then depedning on your hardware that could be anywhere from very slow to about right. My system with Intel QuickSync rips a BLuray in 20-30 minutes, it rips DVDs in 5-10 minutes. It will also depend on what options you select, for example if you select to convert the soundtrack from say DTSMA down to MP3, then that's more processing than just passing through the audio unchanged.

Comment

Yes, it is slow for a DVD, Snowjunkie please supply the information that 90312 requested and clarify whether you are using the DVD Copy or DVD Ripper modules.
        Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
        Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

my system

i am running windows 8.1 pro
          Processor - i7-2600k @ 3.4GHz
          RAM - 16Gb
          Video card - AMD Radeon HD 6900 series
          DVD DRIVE - Plextor BD-R PX-LB950SA ATA

i put the disc in and use the dvd ripper to download it in H.264

Comment

snowjunkie, which profile are you using to make the conversion to h264, i.e. MP4, MKV etc.? With your CPU, this should run at 200-300 fps or possibly faster.
            Supplying DVDFab Logs in the Forum ...........................User Manual PDF for DVDFab v11................................ Guide: Using Images in Posts
            Supplying DMS Logs to Developers................................Enlarger AI FAQ.....

Comment

Originally posted by signals View Post
              snowjunkie, which profile are you using to make the conversion to h264, i.e. MP4, MKV etc.? With your CPU, this should run at 200-300 fps or possibly faster.
              I have been using mkv.h265 i would like to use the high quality setting but it is 3+ hours to do one disc and normal mode is like just over 2 for the movie UP by disney and it said there is like 3 angles but i only have one selected when i do the rip

if i rip it under the mp4 setting then it takes 22 min on the high quality setting but i didn't care for the quality
              what i am trying to do is copy my collection and hook it up to a tv and not need to use the disc any more but with so many i need the size to be as small as possible i was told the h265 was the best setting?
              Last edited by snowjunkie; 09-29-2014, 03:32 PM.

Comment

H.265 takes a long time in my experience. H.264 MKV is your best bet in my opinion.
                How to post the internal log

Things should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.
                Albert Einstein

Comment

h265 doesn't have hardware encoding support

To the best of my knowledge, there is no hardware encoding support in the GPU for h265, also playback is a problem on most devices at this time. The h265 CODEC was developed to support 4K video so it's really overkill for DVD encoding. Stick with h264 until there is hardware support in the GPU of h265.

Comment

when i click on the format part to select what i want h264 is not an option?

my options are AVI, FLV M2TS, MKV.4K, MKV.H265, MKV, MKV PASSTHROUGH, MP4.4K, MP4.H265, MP4, TS VOB, WMV
                    Last edited by snowjunkie; 09-29-2014, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Select MP4 or MKV in format

These are both h264 format.

Comment

That is because those are container formats and there are several that support h264 video. Choose the one that your player supports. If it is an Apple device, choose MP4, which is a good choice for general playability.

Comment

Working...
                        X